Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

mSecure 5 crashes with Dropbox Sync

I am running mSecure 5.7.3 across multiple devices  (iPad, iPhone, and Macbook Air). It has sync'd fine for years with dropbox. recently, it started crashing every time it attempts to sync with dropbox. I have deleted the "msecure.mscb" file at

~/Library/Containers/com.mseven.msecuremac/Data/Library/Application Support/mSecure 

100% of the time it tries to sync on any device, it crashes. Can you please help! 

Thanks

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen, but I'm going to have you try deleting the sync file for mSecure in your Dropbox account see if that will fix the crashing. Go ahead and open your Dropbox folder on your Mac, and then open the "Apps" folder. In the "Apps" folder you should see the "mSecure 5" folder. Open that folder, and then open the folder that looks like it's named with 10 random characters. In that folder, you should see a file named "data.mssb." Delete that file.

Now, on your other devices, before opening mSecure, make sure that file has been deleted in the Dropbox app. Once you have confirmed this, go ahead and open mSecure on whichever is your primary device. The "data.mssb" file should be recreated on that device, and then when you open mSecure on the other devices, my hope is that they won't crash.

Did that have any effect on the problem?

Wow, well done @Mike! That absolutely worked. Thank you so much for your help. I'm 100% satisfied. :) 

That's great news Matt, and no problem at all! Should you run into something like this again, please contact us, because it would mean something in your data is causing the sync data stored in Dropbox to become corrupted. Thanks very much for your time!

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento