Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Multi account in one app

Hello. There is a very lack of function so that in one application you can select several (at least two) different accounts. That is, launch the application on a mobile or computer, and enter "password1" - you get access to "database1", enter "password2" - you will have access to "database2"

Like a hidden container as it was in TrueCrypt. Store main password in secondary base.

I believe you're asking for the ability to move from one account to another in the mSecure app. Is that correct? A use case for this would be having a personal mSecure account and an account for your work. You don't want to have the data for both of those contexts stored in the same account, but you also don't want to have to reset mSecure each time you need access to one or the other data sets. Am I understanding you correctly?

Hello. Sorry for the long answer (long weekend). Yes, about what you wrote about. The meaning is similar.

No problem at all...hope the weekend was a good one =)  I have added this as a feature request for future releasees of mSecure 6. For some reason, we don't get many people at all asking for this feature, but it does come up from time to time. It's on our feature list, so our development team now has it on their radar.

Thank you!

I second the TNT's comment/request.   I've been using mSecure for 10 years and have multiple databases.  On my Windows PC, I use the mSecure 3 app "select database" feature to swap between databases.  Unfortunately, the Mac version of the mSecure 3 app doesn't have the "select database" feature, so I launch the app by double-clicking the desired mSecure database file.

After installing the trial mSecure 5 app, I've discovered that it's seemingly impossible to have multiple mSecure 5 databases.  Looks like I'll have to trash the mSecure 5 app and continue using the older app versions on my computers and devices until the multi-database capability is restored to the Mac/PC versions of mSecure 5+.

@Russ In mSecure 6, which will be released soon, we currently don't have plans to add account switching into the app. Instead, in v6, you'll be able to share data between different accounts. So if you have a work computer signed in to a work mSecure account, you can share data from that account with a different account, so you always have access to all of the data in both accounts. If that's not something that works for your situation, can you explain in some detail why you need to be able to open more than one account in one mSecure app?

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento