I upgraded on my iPhone last night. I synched with my iPad and that went well. I installed MSecure5 on my Mac today and logged in. When I tried to sync, the message said that I need to upgrade. But I paid for the upgrade last night. How do I get my Mac version to recognize that I have already upgraded?
What you are experiencing typically indicates you are signed in to multiple accounts. I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices.
For the mobile app (iOS/Android):
1. Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view
2. Tap Settings at the bottom of menu
3. Tap Account Settings
For the Mac app:
1. Open mSecure
2. Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen
3. Click the "Account" tab
For the Windows app:
1. Click the settings icon in the bottom of the left column
2. Click Account Settings
Which email address do you see next to the Username field in each of your mSecure apps? If you are not comfortable with displaying your email address(es) here, we will have to continue via email.
Wow Mike - you were right! So now how do I change the user on my Mac to my other account?
Hi Ruth...this is good news and an easy fix. To reset mSecure on your Mac:
1. Open mSecure on that device
2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu
3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
4. Close mSecure
5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:
1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed
2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen
3. Click "Sign In"
Enter mSecure for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.
thanks, you've been very helpful!
No problem at all Ruth! Let us know should you need further assistance.