Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Family pricing on iOS

Hi,

First up, long time user of the app for a number of years and one of my most used app on iOS and Windows, absolutely love it. There's not many downsides to it, pretty much perfect! Thank you for it.

I noticed that there are a number of people who would like 'shared vaults' to use with family members with different accounts. I for one would love to see that as long as it uses the current dropbox sync which I'm using. I see that is due for release in v6, I can't wait for it.

Further to the shared vaults, do you have any plans for a family pricing structure? The current one off price is $29.99 for the pro model (I realise you have a discount on at the moment), it would be great if there was a 'family price' that would utilise the shared vaults. E.g. $39.99 for a family of 4.  It would also fit in nicely with iOS family options.

Keep up the great work and can't wait for v6.

Hi Ai,

Thank you so much for the feedback! It's very good to hear mSecure has taken care of your security needs over the years.

Regarding your questions, mSecure 6 will have shared vaults. However, that feature will only work using the mSecure Cloud for syncing your information. Since all of the necessary account and database infrastructure for access rights are already built into our cloud system, we chose to only support cross-account sharing with the mSecure Cloud.

Regarding cost, I'm not able to go into detail about the business model for v6, but we do plan to offer a family sharing license. This probably won't be available at first release, but we will start work on it right after 6.0 becomes available to the public.

Thanks for your prompt response. It's a shame that we can't use Dropbox to utilise the upcoming cross-account vaults facility, but appreciate its a technical constraint at this stage. Is it something that you could be looking at implementing in future or is it not even a consideration? The attraction of Dropbox is the visibility and control over that password file that I can directly access.

Thanks for confirming that family license sharing is on the radar, that would be great and something I would definitely pay for for the family.

Thanks again!

Hi Ai,

No problem at all! Since Dropbox doesn't expose any type of database structure for syncing to and from, I'm not exactly sure how it would be able to work. I'm sure it's possible, but there would have to be a lot server-like code built into the app that would really just be mimicking what we already have with our mSecure Cloud system. We'll see how things progress down the road, but for now, we don't have any plans for supporting cross-account sharing using Dropbox syncing. 

Many thanks for your response, appreciate it.

No problem at all Ai! Take care, and let me know if you have other questions.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento