Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

TouchId not enabled on msecure security preference

I have mSecure pro license  and a Mac with touchid.

After OS upgrade (upgrade version 11.1 Big Sur) touchId on mSecure is unabled.

Can you help me?

1 persona ha questo problema

Another info: mSecure 5 - V. 5.7.2 (165)

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for contacting us. I don't know what could be causing this to happen, as I have never encountered this before on my MacBook with Touch ID. Have you tried fully shutting down your laptop and then starting it back up? I don't know if that will have an effect on the problem, but let's start with that and then we'll do more troubleshooting if needed.

Another info: mSecure 5 - V. 5.7.2 (165)

Sure, I tried that as a first try.

The problem did not unlock unfortunately.

You too latest version of osx?

Solved:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252190151

Soft restart don't work  (apple menu shutdown). Hard restart (press power button for 10 seconds) well done.

Hi Luigi,

I just checked, and I am running the latest version of Big Sur - 11.1. The only thing I can think of doing is to have you reinstall mSecure. Since I don't know what could be causing the behavior, the only thing I can think is that some setting is not getting updated correctly, and there is no way to that I know of to fix that aside from a reinstall.

Before I have you do that, can you let me know if you are running mSecure on any other devices? If you are, is all your data synced over to mSecure on at least one other device?

Mike... I have solved with an hard restart.

A simple shoutdown software (apple menu and restart) not resolve the question.

I do not know why!

Tanks!

That's great news Luigi! I'll have to remember this in case we run into the issue again in the future. Thank you for following up with and letting me know how you fixed the problem!

Hey Luigi, I just looked up Mac Hard Restart online, but I'm not sure if that's actually a term that's used for MacOS. Can you describe for me what you did to perform the hard restart? Was it holding down the Command + Control + Power Button?

Sure... :-) it's my custom name sorry!

Simply followed first three step below:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT20129

In this way it was not necessary to do an SMC reset (my last option to solve).

I tried this because going to the control panel and removing a footprint I could no longer recreate it.

Clearly the problem was not with mSecure but with the operating system.

problem to post comment:

Simply follow these three step:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201295

Sure... :-) it's my custom name sorry!

Before resetting the SMC, try these steps:

Shut down your Mac.
  1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button.
  2. Wait a few seconds, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.

In this way it was not necessary to do an SMC reset (my last option to solve).
I tried this because going to the control panel and removing a footprint I could no longer recreate it.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento