Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Make app unlock password different from purchase account password

I recently upgraded to 5 from (older) version 4 of mSecure. To do this, I needed to create a new account and password to buy the app. The password I made is a real strong (long) one. Come to find out, I am forced to use that same long password for the app on my phone too. It was terrible to have to type that in every time I needed to use the app on my phone. I feel I did not need that much security on the app, so I changed the password to a simple 6 digit one. Then I realized doing that also changed the password on my user account for mSecure too!

So I feel I am forced to suffer using a long password to open this app, or have a terribly unsecure password for my account.  

Do these NEED to be the same? Why can't we choose to have a local password to unlock the app. Just as a reference, I do not store my data in the cloud, it is local on my computer at home and use my own secure WiFi for backups. So I do not need my password to be the same as a cloud storage location. 

I will be putting this info into a support ticket too because maybe this is a feature already available but that is buried and I do not know how to properly use it.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for contacting us about this. With mSecure 5, the app is signed in to a centralized, online account system. Because of this, and the way in which the security of the app was build using a very strong account key, each app has to be using the same password. That's not to say it couldn't be done another way, but if it was, it would require a lot of reworking at a very low level in order to maintain the security we have built in to the system. At this time, we don't have other customers asking for this type of functionality, so there are no plans to change the need for the password to be the same on each device, even when storing the data only locally using Wi-Fi syncing.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento