Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

iOS/Mac Wifi sync failed; IP on devices not the same

My Mac is running catalina 10.15.6; IP is 10.0.1.8

My iphone8 is running iOS 13.7; sync is trying to connect to IP  10.0.1.9, which is obviously wrong.  

Disabled sync on iphone; tried to on mac, but getting Insufficient auth.  and the same message when I try to uncheck "main computer".  

I don't want to force a set IP address; how do I get the one on my iPhone to update to the correct IP; and why can't I change the settings for the sync on my mac. 

Hi Karen,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what's happening here, but I'll do everything I can to help. Do both of your devices currently have all of your information in mSecure? If not, can you let me know which is most up to date? When the "Insufficient auth" message is displayed, it means the app is not connected to your online account. We're not sure how or why this is happening, but we are in the process of weeding it out.

Also, you said you disabled syncing on your iPhone. Were you able to do that without seeing the same error message? What I mean here, is the iPhone exhibiting the same problems as your Mac? Go ahead and disable syncing again on your iPhone, but this time, leave it disabled. I'm going to check your account on our server to see if the change is sticking online.

I have restarted my computer and without me doing anything else my mSecure (mac) returned to the setting of wifi syncing.  

I am running pro on both iOS and Mac, both are up to date on releases.  The issue is that the iOS version is not recognizing the correct IP address of my mac.  

I have been in contact with Nick Ross (mSecure Support Representative).  But so far he has addressed how to correct the IP address for my mac in the iOS setting. 

Unchecking the main computer and getting it to recheck has been a complete pain and has not resolved the IP address issue.  

Hi Karen,

One of the reasons Nick is having you try to uncheck/check the Main Computer box is because it can fix the problem altogether, but if the box doesn't remain checked, which is what I believe is happening on your computer, it indicates a different problem. I'm going to respond to your ticket via email, so we can close down this thread. You'll be receiving an email from me shortly Karen.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento