Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Sync Server is Unreachable

I cannot sync via wifi and get the error 'Server is unreachable' on my Android device. I am using mSecure 5.7.0 on a macBook Air running OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. My mobile device is a Pixel 3 running Android mSecure 5 version 5.7.1.1179. This used to work using the same devices, but hasn't in months despite restarts on both machines and the router.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm going to refer you to our wi-fi sync troubleshooting article for starters to see if that will fix the problem: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/36000064491?lang=en

The Mac-specific instructions are near the bottom of the page. One important thing to mention, in order for mSecure to sync automatically using the Wi-Fi sync feature, both apps have to be open, unlocked and on the main view. If one of the apps is closed, open but locked, or if either of them are in the app's settings, then the sync won't happen.

Did those instructions help at all Jason?

I keep getting a sync error today.  I'm on iOS.  Further, when I try to change my sync settings from msecure cloud to anything else, it just changes back.  I can't change it.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what could be causing this sync error, though we have seen it before with a few customers. I checked your account, and it looks like you may be running mSecure on a Mac computer as well. Is that correct? If so, what happens when you use the app on that computer? Does syncing take place, and are you able to change which sync feature you use in the preferences of mSecure?

I recently replaced the Wi-Fi router at home.  Now, the sync over wi-fi does not work.  

I have an Android Note 20 and Windows 10 PC.

Hi Bernie,

Can you provide more information on what is happening when you try to use the Wi-Fi sync feature? Are there any error messages getting displayed? I think what is happening here is that when you installed your new router, your computer was given a new IP address. In that case, the "Main Computer" settings in mSecure's Sync Settings on your computer needs to be unchecked and rechecked. That will cause the IP address to be updated on your account.

Can you try disabling and re-enabling the "Main Computer" setting and see if that fixes the problem?

Mike,

Thanks for your reply.  I recently upgraded my FiOS Internet/Wi-Fi router.  It changed the IP address for all devices in the house.  I re-enabled the "Main Computer" and make it a trusted.  I am able now to sync.

Thanks.

That's great news Bernie! It's good to hear that took care of the problem!

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento