Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

QR code email on mac

the QR code email arrives on my mac.  But when I try to save it or move it to another folder, it becomes an empty mail item.  Its all very well to say keep the QR code in case you forget your password, but I'm assuming the email makes use of security to prevent being forwarded to someone else, but how can i save it?

Hi Anna,

What program are you using or trying to view your QR code email? Please note that the QR code part of a two-factor authentication system for the security of your account. The QR code cannot be used in case you forget your account password. If you forgot your account password and(or) lose access to your QR code, you will need to reset your mSecure account. An account reset has you start over in our app. 

Perhaps there's an issue with the email you received or your email client. I would recommend sending yourself the QR code email again. Here is an article that shows you how to do that: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064234

need qr code  so i can open this app on my iPhone

@Delmar The QR code is only sent out one time when you first set up mSecure 5. After that, the only way to view it is in the Authentication Email that was sent to you or in the Account Settings of the mSecure app. If you are able to view the Account Settings in mSecure, then you can also resent the Authentication Email in order to have it for a later time. Due to the security built in to the system, there is no way for us to build the QR information and send it to you.

Do you have access to mSecure 5 on any device? If not, do you have access to your information in the older version of mSecure on at least one device?

I can log into it on my iMac it is not the 5 version  what I was wanting to do is use this app on my iPhone but I need the qr code to set it UP !!

can you help with this?

@Delmar In order to use mSecure on both your iMac and iPhone, you will have to compatible versions on each device. Are you trying to use mSecure 5, or were you trying to download the older mSecure app onto your iPhone? Also, do you have access to your data in the old mSecure app on your iMac?

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento