Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

upgraded to latest version of msecure - can't see how to modify the type of a record

I have been using msecure 3 & 4, finally upgraded to msecure 5.7

disappointed in the lack of filtering on the home screen, compared to msecure 3.  As you can see less of the entries at a time,  because the icon is larger, and the description/username are on separate lines with more white space.  Oh well,  I can always filter by type or groups. 

So trying to filter by type (as I've not needed to do this previously), but I notice that I can't change the type (you could in the old version, so I'm sure it must be there and I've just not found it).  How do I change the type?

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, changing a record's type once it has been created is not possible in mSecure 5. However, if you recently made the change to mSecure 5, you could always update your records in mSecure 3 or 4, create a new mSecure 3 or 4 backup file, and restore from that file in mSecure 5. Here are backup and restore articles to help you with that process if needed: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000065649

thanks, this is a shame its a regression from what we had previously :-(  

Hi Anna,

While type changing will not be added to mSecure 5, it is already implemented in mSecure 6. I don't have a release date just yet, but it will be ready as soon as possible.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento