Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Filtering Search

1.  While testing newly installed mSecure5 on Windows platform (looking to upgrade from Windows 3.5.7, rev 717), it will not allow me to sort down to Group/Type (i.e Business/Bank Accounts) that I am looking for, it just shows all Types no matter what sequence I try to choose them.  Works fine on iPad/iPhone.

2.  Also, does not allow for viewing of all Types without having to go into “Other Types”.  Can you customize the screens at all? 

3.  Can I use mSecure5 as a sandbox while maintaining my “live” date in previous version, then if I choose to go with mSecure5 restore the files from older version so I have all changes made in the interim and not have to try and maintain 2 platforms with updates/edits?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure I understand your first issue. The sort options on Windows are found in the bottom of the middle column. Here's an image that might help:

For issue number two, you can either view All Items, Recents, Logins, Credit Cards, Secure Notes, or one of the Other Types. On iOS/Android, you cannot filter by a specific record type. 

For the last question/issue, you can always restore from a .msim backup file created in mSecure 3 or 4. You are free to mostly use mSecure 3 or 4 while playing around with mSecure 5. If and when you are ready to move to mSecure 5 fully, you can create a backup of mSecure 3 or 4 and restore from that backup file in mSecure 5. Please note that mSecure 5 does not sync with mSecure 3 or 4 and vice versa. 

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento