Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Face ID Option not available

I recently upgraded from the free to the Pro version.  It's my understanding that Face Id should be available with the Pro version.   When I go to settings there is no option to enable it.  I have version 5.6.4 in my iPhone XS Max.  Please let me know how I should proceed.  Thanks! 

1 persona ha questo problema

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. Yes, Face ID is available when you purchase a license (mSecure Pro). Does the Face ID option look disabled in the Settings? Have you tried restarting your device? Did that have any affect on your issues here?

Eden-the Face ID option doesn’t even appear. I have tried restarting my phone and it made no difference.

Hi Marcia,

Is Face ID enabled on your device? Could you take a screenshot of the mSecure 5 settings? Are you using mSecure 4? Do you have a Touch ID option in the mSecure settings?

To enable Face ID:

1. Go to your device's Settings > Face ID & Passcode. ...
  2. Tap Set Up Face ID.
  3. Make sure that you're holding your device in portrait orientation, position your face in front of your device, and tap Get Started.
  4. Position your face inside the frame and gently move your head to complete the circle.

Eden -

Yes, Face Id is enabled on my phone, I use it all the time.  There is just no option in mSecure to turn it on.  I am using mSecure version 5.6.4.  I had a trial period that expired, the I renewed and it doesn't even show up to enable. 

Attached are the two screen shots showing my settings screen.

Hi Marcia,

It seems that there might be some issue with the app installation here. My recommendation here would be to reinstall mSecure. However, please make sure to have access to your QR code email before reinstalling the app: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064234-resend-authentication-email

Additionally, create a new backup just for safety's sake:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 5

2. Tap the menu icon

3. Tap backups

4. Create a new backup

We can use that backup file to restore your information if needed. However, you have our mSecure Cloud syncing enabled so all of your information will be available on your device after you reinstall and sign back in to your mSecure account and reinstalling should fix the Face ID issue here.

I commenti a questa discussione ora sono chiusi.