Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Purchased m secure pro today and didn't receive an authorization

I donwnloaded m secure pro and signed in and have been waiting for the past few hours to receive an authentication code.  How long does it usually take to receive/

2 persone hanno questa domanda

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what's happening here, but you should have received the "Authentication Email" after you first signed in to your mSecure account. We have found that for some customers the email gets placed in either a spam/junk folder or some other folder in their email app due to rules that automatically route incoming emails. Make sure to run a search in your email app to see if you can find an email with the subject: "no-reply@msecure.com". Be sure to run a search specifically from inside your spam folder as some apps omit this folder when searching for emails.

Unfortunately, if you are unable to find your authentication email, there is no way for mSeven Software to resend it to you. In order to maintain the security of your account, we do not have the information needed to retrieve your account key, so the only way to resend the email is for the owner of the account to resend it from the account settings from within the mSecure 5 app. To find instructions on our support site on how to resend the authentication email, click this link: Resend Authentication Email

If you were able to find the authentication email in your email app, or if you were able to resend the email from the mSecure Account Settings on a different device, please stop here and let me know.

If you weren't able to gain access to your authentication email, are you able to unlock mSecure 5 on any of your devices? The very first device you install mSecure 5 on does not require you to authenticate your account, so I'm hoping you have access to the app on at least one of your devices. If not, are you running the old mSecure app on any of your devices by chance, and if so, do you still have all of your information accessible in that app? If you do have access to your information in the old mSecure app, it should be no problem to reset your mSecure 5 account, and then transfer your information from the old mSecure app into the new app.

Hi, Thanks for the information, I was unable to find the authentication email at all, nor was I able to unlock mSecure5 on any of my devices.  I do still have the old MSecure app on my phone (the free one), however it is at linked to another email varleyag@telus.net, whereas my new mSecure 5 is linked to the gvarley@telus.net. How would I go about re-setting my mSecure 5 account and then transferring my data from the free one.

I'm not sure what you mean about the old mSecure free version. The older versions of mSecure were not free. They were paid apps that you had to purchase before downloading. If you have lost your QR code, you'll have to go through an account reset to start over in mSecure 5: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start

Here are article on transferring information from mSecure 3 to mSecure 5: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/folders/36000176650

Hi Eden, Thanks so much for the info, it worked really well.  The version I had was a free trial version and unfortunately it would not transfer across, so I had to input them manually.  I really appreciate the help.  

Cheers

Geoff

I commenti a questa discussione ora sono chiusi.