Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

face id not working

The app is working fine but since yesterday I cannot use the face id feature on my iPhone x.

m secure is asking for password and I cannot find where I have to go in order to enable the face id again.

I have looked everywhere in setting...please help. Thank you.

4 persone hanno questo problema

Hi Giacomo,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear the password you are entering is not working. I'm not sure exactly why the Face ID unlock is not working, but it could be that the OS or app was updated recently which sometimes disables the fingerprint/face id unlock feature. Any Face ID settings change will also disable the feature in mSecure. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn that feature back on unless the app is unlocked first.

In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password or the data stored in mSecure, so there is no way for us to retrieve the password or your information. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change the password when mSecure is not accepting the password being entered. The only thing we can do here is reset the app, but that means all of the data stored in it will be lost. I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

For some of our customers, they forget at least one of the substitution characters they used to make their password stronger, like 3 for E, $ for S, and so on. Is it possible you are missing one of those substitutions or possibly transposing a couple of the characters in the password Beverly? Please use this guide to go over possible issues: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064225

Hi Edgar, Thank you for your prompt reply. I know the password and I have unlocked the app. Could you please tell me how I can tune the Face ID back? Thanks
  1. Open and unlock mSecure 5
  2. Tap the menu icon
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Enable Face ID/Touch ID

Remember, Face ID won’t give you the legal protection of a passcode.

From a legal perspective, you’re less secure unlocking a phone with your face — or just about any biometric mechanism — than with a passcode.

Passcodes are considered “testimonial” evidence based on the contents of your thoughts. But in multiple cases, people have been ORDERED to unlock a phone via fingerprint, under the reasoning that their fingerprint (or your face) is a piece of physical evidence.

I commenti a questa discussione ora sono chiusi.