Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Export function exports only a sub-set of entries

In the German version of the desktop app it says in the backup section under Import and Export: "Alle Einträge als CSV exportieren" which translates to "export all entries as CSV".

"All" to me means really all - but that's not true depending on what you've done before in the app. If you've entered a value into the search field to quickly narrow down the list of entries, then your CSV export contains only the displayed sub-set of of records.

Don't know whether it's a bug or a feature. At least it's a misleading text on the export button.

I'm running mSecure 5.5.54.0 on Windows 10 Pro, 64Bit

Regards

HaJo

Its the same in English - but I've found it a useful feature to be selective in what you are exporting - you can make changes to a batch of records (perhaps changing the type) by exporting the records, deleting the same batch and importing back after changes.

Well - I didn't expect that it differs per language. :-)

I see your point that it can be a useful feature. Now, as I know that "All" is not "All" but "all selected" I can handle it.

Maybe with the next release the developer(s) can add a hint to avoid that somebody falls into the trap.

mSecure 5 for Windows will also export All records for a Group or type if you are in a Group or specific type when exporting your records. I'm not sure if a tip will be added to the app though it would be nice.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento