Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

I'm In With The Previous Two Reviewers

I've used mSecure for several years and have found it to be an indispensable aid to password management. Sadly, I am completely disappointed with the desktop version 5. Almost everything the other two reviewers said here is mirrored in my experience, plus a couple of things they didn't mention.

I'm a Mac user and, as far as I can see, the problems are with the desktop app rather than the IOS version. I actually like the IOS version and appreciate its improvements, e.g. facial recognition and alphabetical listing like the Apple phone app.

One big problem I have with the desktop app is that it pastes both the username and password into the password box on a website. I have unchecked the box for auto-copy username in Preferences/General, but when I close the Preferences the app automatically checks both boxes again. Another problem I've encountered is that the app doesn't automatically backup my file, even though "Automatically backup mSecure" is checked in Preferences. I have to remember to manually backup my file.

I'm not going back to version 3 of the desktop app because I like version 5 for IOS, but I hope that m7 Software fixes the desktop release soon.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  I'm not sure which other two reviews you are referring to here. However, the auto-copy username/password option on Mac currently has bug/issue that makes it so that the options cannot be edited. It also does not work for some. We are fixing these issues in the next Mac update. As for the auto-backups, auto-backups are created after every 5 changes to your mSecure information. If you'd like to create backups more often, please create a manual backup through either the Backups section of mSecure 5's preferences or File -> Backup.

Hi Eden,

I was referring to the two (at the time) reviewers in the "Giving Up on 5" topic. (Forgot that I started a new topic.)

Anyway, it's good to know that the auto-paste problem is being fixed; also every 5 changes seems reasonable for auto-backup.

Thanks for the helpful info.

Sincerely,

Richard

It's been 20 days since I found out about the bug with auto-copy username/password in the Mac desktop version. Any progress toward fixing it? It's annoying to have to click the login link, then have to go back to mSecure to manually copy the password, then return to the browser to paste it in. This makes every login a pain, so I hope that mSeven Software is treating this fix as a top priority.

Sincerely,

Richard

It's been fixed internally for a long time. However, we are also working on a few other bugs and feature enhancements before we release another update. The next update will be out within the next 2 weeks.

Good to know. Thanks Eden

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento