Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

No records in Android after account reset

Eden Melgar,

I was working with you on this a month or so ago and have opened a ticket for it but thought it be good to continue with you.

I reset my account because I couldn't get the sync to work properly across platforms. I uninstalled all devices and installed on Win10. Logged in and imorted from backup. Then I installed the app on my android, logged in and verified with QR code email. Even after syncing, no records show on the phone. 

After trying 8 or 9 times over the past hour or so it finally synced the records but there are more missing icons than before. Any thoughts?

Did you delete the mSecure5 folder or the mSecure folder? The mSecure folder is for mSecure 4 and not the correct folder.

sorry it was the mSecure5 folder. It's the only one that shows on the root of internal storage. 

So first off I would like to thank you for your tireless efforts to get people up and running smoothly. Although, I wish it didn't take so much effort. You have been great to work with!

I went ahead and made a new backup of the Win10 app (which is all correct). Sent it to my phone and did a restore with it. Many icons now show nothing in the icon space and when I click the edit pencil it shows the correct icon on the edit screen. I save but it still has a blank icon space. I even tried to set the icon manually but when saving it did nothing.

I went ahead and made a new backup of the Win10 app (which is all correct). Sent it to my phone and did a restore with it. Many icons now show nothing in the icon space and when I click the edit pencil it shows the correct icon on the edit screen. I save but it still has a blank icon space. I even tried to set the icon manually but when saving it did nothing.

I can do the reinstall over again if that would be a better place to troubleshoot from. Please let me know.

This might be the bug that I was referring to previously. It might be that the icon(s) were set manually from our cloud icons feature instead of automatically through our automatic site icons. If so, it could cause mSecure 5 on Android not to display the icons properly. I believe a fix for this is already set in our system. However, you'll have to wait until the next update of mSecure 5 for Android in order to see that. 

You can check to see if that the case by closing mSecure 5 on Android, deleting the icons folder found inside the mSecure5 folder, and adding a new test record with one of the icons your having issues with like the Facebook icon by creating a new Login record with facebook.com as the record's URL and saving the record. If the record and icon work as intended, your other records might have been manually set and you will need to wait for the next release of mSecure 5 for Android to fix your issues.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento