Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto
Risolto

mSecure 5.5.2 Crashing

This issue seems to affect those updating from mSecure 5.x to mSecure 5.5.2. Please make sure you have access to your mSecure 5 information on another device or that you have set up either mSecure Cloud, iCloud, or Dropbox syncing before following the steps below. Also, make sure to have access to your QR code or authentication email: 

https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000020819-resend-authentication-email

The QR code/authentication should not be required if you have already authenticated your account with mSecure 5.5 on iOS or Mac. However, it's always good to have access to the QR code. 

To fix your crashing issues:

1. Quit mSecure on your Mac
  2. Open a Finder window and using the menus at the top, select the ‘Go’ -> ‘Go to Folder…’
  3. Enter
    ~/Library/Containers/com.mseven.msecuremac/Data/Library/Application Support/mSecure
  4. Click ‘Go’
  5. Move the mSecure.mscb file to the trash
  6. Re-launch mSecure
  7.  Sign in to your account

We believe we have found the issue and have fixed the issue internally. A fix will be available in our next Mac update.

---

If you are experiencing this issue and have not gone through the steps above, and would like to help test to see if our fix works, please let me know and I will provide you with a beta version of mSecure 5 to have you test our fix out. Thanks!

I cant locate my QR code ... MSecure is crashing on all devices ... iMac, MAcBook Pro, IPAd, and iPhone X ....

Hi Steve,

Our system shows that you've only signed in the the mSecure account (the email address you're using on this website) an iOS device. Are you using a different mSecure account here? Are you sure you've used mSecure 5 on your iMac and MacBook Pro? I haven't ran into the app crashing on every device on someone. However, I should be able to help you fix whatever issue you're having with more information here.

Thank you.  It worked

mSecure is not syncing on my iPhoneX.  First it stop using FaceID, then after deleting the app and re-installing, FaceID is working.  However, it doesn't sync and zero data is in the app.  I'm trying to reinstall now for the 3rd time!

Hi Glen,

You added your reply in the mSecure 5.5.2 for Mac crashing topic. Please create a new discussion or topic about your issue. Additionally, it would be good to know what version of mSecure you are trying to use here.

This didn't work here. I also un- and reinstalled MSecure on my Mac Os High Sierra. Until when are you going to fix this? I feel so lost without the Desktop version. I can access my passwords on the app. But new entries in the app don't seem to be synched. Please speed up. Thank you. 

Hi McSchindler, 

This fix works for everyone running mSecure 5 on Mac. However, we have run into several customers not entering in the correct thing in step 3. Please make sure to copy and paste the line exactly how it appears here. Here is the full path as well if it helps: /Users/YourUsername/Library/Containers/com.mseven.msecuremac/Data/Library/Application Support/mSecure.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento