Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

previous msecure & new msecure

I no longer have the previous app on my phone.    I was having trouble getting in it earlier I would put in my password and it would just close down.  I tried restarting my phone and clearing my cache and then thought I would just delete the app and download again to start again.  When I did that I no longer see my previous app.  Now it is Msecure6.

In the new login of new Msecure it does not recognize the password I just set up.  However, if I type in my previous old password from previous msecure app, then it brings me to a screen that says scan QR code from email.  I did not get an email with a QR code to scan.  When I try to import files from dropbox that I have always used it says wrong file format.  The last backup onto dropbox from my preivous msecure appt was on 12/26/23 which is what I tried to import. 

Now I don't know how to get to all my passwords and info I had saved.

I am at a loss of how to get to all my information that I need and have saved and used for years in the old msecure.

Please can someone guide me to get this information?  Is there a phone number to call and talk with someone live?

Can anyone in support help with my question?

I'm not entirely sure which version of mSecure you were running before, but it sounds like it was the older mSecure 4 app. If that's the case, you will need to download it in order to retrieve your information, unless you have a .msim backup file, which are the backups created by mSecure 4. Data created by mSecure 4 stored in Dropbox cannot be synced in to mSecure 6, so the only way you would be able to retrieve your information in v6 is by restoring from a bakcup.

Are you wanting to continue using mSecure 4, or do you want to upgrade to mSecure 6? Also, do you have a .msim backup of your data?

I think I did have mSecure 4.  But when I when to play store to install I only see one mSecure.  The key icon is darker than the one I previously had.  And yes I use dropbox but I cannot tell what the file format ending is.  When I try to import it only says wrong file format.   How can I get mSecure 4 app back on my phone so I can at least get all my information so I can then upgrade to newer one.      Please advise.

I did get into my dropbox.  The ending is   .msim   How can I get mSecure 4 back or how can I get my backup information?

Please advise, thank you.

If you would like to restore your data into mSecure 6, you will simply need to copy the .msim backup file you see in Dropbox to your device's Downloads folder. After that, open mSecure 6, go to the Settings and tap "Restore." Navigate to the Downloads folder, tap the .msim bakcup file to restore it.

If you would like to download mSecure 4, which I wouldn't recommend due to how old the app is and that it's no longer supported, you'll have to do so from your list of previously downloaded apps. To do that, you can follow the steps here: Download previous mSecure versions from the app stores

If you do download mSecure 4, you'll need to set up Dropbox syncing in the app's Settings to sync your data in.

Ok I do not understand if I have the new mSecure 6 and I try to import and I have the correct suffix on my dropbox files ---.msim --- why it is not letting me import.  I do not know how to copy those files into mSecure 6... seems like just importing would work.

Nevertheless, I now cannot get into mSecure 6 with my new password so trying to set up a new password again.  How do I do that?  I selected "forgot your password" and all I see is a lot of information about how things have changed.  Can you please help me reset my passwsord for mSecure 6.

What do I need to do?

The first thing you'll need to do is get access to your mSecure account, because you cannot restore from a backup unless you are able to open the app and go to mSecure's Settings. Are you saying that you were able to get into the app with your password, and now you can't, or are you saying you were never able to open mSecure 6? It's not common to know the password and then forget it or enter it incorrectly within days of using the app, so I'm not sure what's happening here.

Also, I don't know which devices you are trying to do this on. I checked your account which is using the same email address that you are using here in the forum, and it shows that you have at least one PC signed in to it. Are you trying to do this on your PC, or are you doing it on an iOS or Android device?

I am sorry I am being such a pain.

I am trying to use on my phone.  That is really the only place I have used.    I may have went into it on a previous PC I had once or twice (the old version) but that PC is gone.  I just went on my new PC webt to google play and tried to download the old M4, but I do not have that option.  I only see the new icon and new version M6...so I did not download it on my current PC.

So, I do have M6 loaded on my phone.  When I sign in and put in my email kscone@ymail.com

-I  put in the password that I created for M6 (I did write it down) and it will not take it.   However, if I put in my old password from M4 it brings me to a new screen.

-The new screen says "use camera" or "import file".   I have no QR code so that's out.  I tried to import files from my dropbox but says wrong file format.  

I think you had said previously that I need to try to get my M4 back to get my information, but I have been unsuccessful in downloading the old app again. I do not even have that option in playstore.  

I believe you then said go to my dropbox and save my last sync to my downloads and then when I get into M6 I can restore the .mism files to M6.  

So far I cannot get the old M4 app and I cannot get into the new M6 app I created.  

I thank you for your patience with me and again I apologize if I am driving you nuts.  I really don't want to be a pain and just want to get me info, etc.

No problem at all! I'm pretty confident we'll get this figure out pretty quick, since from what I understand, you were able to find a .msim file in your Dropbox account.

What you'll need to do now is simply reset your mSecure 6 account, and then you can sign in to you account as you will be starting from scratch. You will then be able to go to the Settings and restore from your backup.

Here is how to reset your mSecure 6 account:

To reset your account, follow the steps below:

1. Delete mSecure 6 from your device(s)

2. Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/

3. Enter your mSecure account email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"

4. You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".

5. Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"

6. Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app

7. Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

8. Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set

9. Choose which sync feature you would like to use and continue through the app setup process

Were you able to get your account reset? If so, were you also able to move your newest .msim backup file from your Dropbox account over to your Downloads folder on your phone?

Mike,

YES...Success!!   Thank you so much for your patience and explicit instructions.    You have made my day!!

That's great news! So good to hear you were able to get your data imported into mSecure 6. Please let me know should you need further assistance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire