Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Problems with v6.08 with new Macbook Pro M2 / Ventura 13.2

Hello

After changing my computer:

- lock screen no longer works

- sync via iCloud seems not to work (been waiting an hour)

- the msecure app takes up all my memory after a while.  It keeps on 'growing' and I have to quit it to reset the memory. (I have 24GB RAM)

Any insights?

I've been a customer for 10 years and hope to contunue.

Thanks

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. To start, we do know that mSecure does not have any incompatibilities with M2 Mac computers, so the issue you are experiencing is not due to having a new Mac with a different architecture. I have worked with one other customer who ran into something similar as you when using iCloud syncing, though I'm pretty sure iCloud syncing was still working. His issue was localized to the problem of memory being taken up. We initially thought this was some type of memory leak in mSecure, but we tested and created logging builds for the customer, but we were unable to find any issue causing the behavior.

I believe what you are dealing with has something to do with iCloud Drive, but since you're only the second customer who has reported the issue, I can't be sure yet. Regardless, we have to work on the lock screen problem first, because I have never heard of this happening. Go ahead and open mSecure, then click "mSecure > Preferences" in the top left of your Mac's screen (in the menu bar). In the Preferences, click the "Security" tab. Is the "Auto-Lock" settings checked, and if so, what is the number of minutes it's set to lock?

Thanks

I've set the auto-lock to one minute.  I already had this setting applied but it doesn't auto-lock.

The memory just went from 4GB to 72GB btw

I understand what's happening with the memory, and we'll work on that in just a moment. For now, simply turn off iCloud Drive syncing in the Sync tab of mSecure's Preferences, and that should fix the problem with the memory growing.

For the auto-lock, what do you mean when you say it doesn't auto-lock? The app will only auto-lock if it is not the focused app on your Mac. I need you to try something real quick to test what happens if the app is not focused. Simple open mSecure, and unlock the app with your password or Touch ID. After it's open, click off the app onto the desktop behind the app window and make sure you see that "mSecure" in the top left corner now says "Finder," which indicates "Finder" is the focused app. Now, wait for at least 3 minutes. Does mSecure auto-lock?

Thanks

I turned off the iCloud sync.  Now waiting for your next instruction on that.

For auto-lock, I did as you said.  When I shrank the msecure window it still showed as the active window.  I needed to click on another app to change the active window.   The auto-lock comes on if I'm using a password but NOT if I'm using touch ID.  I think the problem relates to touch ID.

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean. Regardless of how you get into the app, Touch ID is still enabled, so if you enter your password manually or if you use Touch ID, nothing changes in the app.

You don't need to click another app to change the active window, or you can look at clicking on the background of your desktop as clicking on the Finder app. However you look at it, all that needs to happen is mSecure needs to not be showing in the top left corner of your screen. What ever app name is displayed there is the active app, and if mSecure is active, it will not auto-lock. If it's active, it figures you're using it, and then it would be very inconvenient for many that it would lock during times when they might not be done using the app.

For clarification, we don't have others reporting this issue with the auto-lock feature. Whatever is happening with the lock screen is either a misunderstanding of how the feature works, or it's an issue localized to your computer. Since it's highly unlikely that using Touch ID vs entering a password could have any impact on mSecure auto-locking, can you please try the test again? This time, however, after unlocking the app with Touch ID, make sure mSecure is not taking up your entire screens and simply click on your desktop. When you do that, you'll see "Finder" in the top left of your screen instead of "mSecure," which means Finder is now the active app. Start your 3 minute timer, and mSecure should lock after no more than a couple minutes (even though the feature is set to 1 minutes, it doesn't lock at exactly 1 minute).

Now that you turned off iCloud syncing, make sure to fully close mSecure and then open it again. Are you still seeing the memory problem?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire