Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Missing PDF Attachments

I am missing PDF documents in different notes. On both my Android and Windows version, I'm shown a PDF icon, but the document is not available – it does not open. This is not the case on all notes, just on some. Is this a bug? Can I retrieve the PDFs at all?

Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. We're not aware of any bugs that cause this type of behavior, so I'm not sure what's happening. There are a couple of ways to go about this. First, I can do some troubleshooting to try to figure out what's happening in your records. While I can't see any of the information stored in your records, if you add a specific tag to the records, then I can check to see what's happening with the attachments. Using tags this way is the only way we can isolate specific data in order to check for different anomalies.

The other option would be to look for a recent backup and see if restoring it has the attachments that seem to be missing. I would recommend doing some troubleshooting, because I don't know how the files could actually be missing. So if you try to restore from the most recent backup, they might be missing there too, then you have to go to the next most recent and so on. The further you go back, the more likely you are to lose new data you created. You can make a new backup now so that you can restore from it at any time, but the process isn't the best experience.

If you would like to do some troubleshooting, I'll need you to email me at "support@msevensoftware.com" because we would be venturing into sensitive territory, and I don't want that to be posted in a public forum. After you email, let me know here in this thread, and I'll respond via email as soon as I see it.

Hi Mike,

I just sent you a personal email.

Bye

Nick

Thank you Nick. I see your email in our system now. I have to talk to our developer about the issue before I respond, and I plan on doing that within the next couple of hours. Thank you very much for your patience as we try to get this resolved.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire