Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Same phone after factory reset

Need way to restore backed up data file after factory reset. Password has been lost / forgotten. Account reset is not option since it deletes data. Have original QR code and key. Seems MSecure is not set to handle this scenario. There should be option when opening program to scan QR code and enter email address.

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Unfortunately, there is no way to reset your password or gain access to your information without all three pieces of security information: your account password, email address and QR code. Without all three pieces of information, there is no way to decrypt the data stored in your mSecure account. I'm very sorry I don't have better news here.

I can help you gain access to your account again, but that won't help in getting access to information you have stored in a backup or in a sync file stored in Dropbox. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire