Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Changed email, desktop not recognizing

I am locked out on my desktop. I changed the email address on the account using my iPhone; that works fine on my iPhone after the change. However, the desktop remains logged with the old email. I downloaded and reinstalled.  Still exactly the same result. Until I am logged in on the desktop, the desktop provides not entry level change of the email address to conform to the new one. 

Hi Paul,

You can fix this by simply resetting the app on your Mac. To do that, you can follow the steps below:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

ThNk you fir tge good advice!

No problem Paul. Let me know if you need further assitance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire