Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

MAC OS remove Msecure completely

Hi,

since update 6.0 my msecure crashed every time I start it. I tried to remove it by deleting the app from app folder. Doesn't word. I tried to remove all entries from  Keychain. Doesn't work.

Every time I removed everything I found from msecure - I start it and "it shows my e-mail account". So there must be anything else on the harddrive. I can't start this /&%"/& Tool anymore - but I can't remove it completely. Support doesn't answer me. So please help me and tell me please where on my MAC harddisk this is installed. I have the newst Mac OS Version.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sven

Hi Sven,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Also, I'm sorry for the long response times, but we're overloaded right now in support after the v6 release.

We have heard of this crashing issue from a handful of other customers, but we're not sure yet what's causing it to happen. I have asked if other could help with sending us logging, but I haven't been able to get any yet. Would you be willing to help us with sending in logging from the Mac app?

Yes, I would send you the logs. But what log do you mean? The crash report? Or where can I find the log you need?

I found out that the app crashes after connecting to iCloud. I deleted the Msecure folder - but msecure recreated the same folder structure in cloud - then it crashes.

I can create this error by deleting all msecure files i found in user lib + deleting the app.

Then I have to reenter my credentials plus QR code. I blocked the traffic between icloud and msecure - and the program stays in memory until I open the network to icloud - CRASH

So please tell me what log file you need.

Regards

Sven

Hi Sven,

In order to create logging in mSecure, you'll need to follow the steps below.

First, you'll need to open the "Console" app. You can find that in the "Utilities" folder in your "Applications" folders, or you can simply bring in Spotlight and type in "Console."

After you have opened the Console app, follow the instructions below:

1. Click into the search field in the top right, and type in "msecurelog" and press the "return" key on your keyboard
  2. Click "Start streaming" in the main window
  3. Open mSecure, very quickly, click "Help" in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, then press the "option" key on your keyboard
  4. In the options that show up at the bottom of the Help menu, click "Enable logging"
  5. mSecure should have closed by now if it crashes, so open it, and you should see logging in the Console
  6. Click on any of the log entries, press "command+A" to select all, copy it to your clipboard, and then paste that data into a new TextEdit document.
  7. Save the text document, then attach that in your next response

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire