Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Apple Watch sort order

I have added a few items to the watch and they are showing in the order that I applied them. I really need these to be the alphabetical order as I have with the main App.  Is there a way of doing this?

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure what you mean here. I just tested the latest version of mSecure 6 on my iPhone and Apple Watch, and after adding several items that start with different letters, the records were immediately displayed in alphabetical order. For example, I added a record that started with a B and saved it, and it was placed after the A records already on the watch. Then I added another record that started with an A, an it was added to the Watch before the records that started with B.

@Mike.   What you are doing is what I expected to happen but  have a different scenario.  I have entries showing in this sequence = B,C,N,O,Y,N,N,S,S,M.   The first five entries were made yesterday and the remainder today.   Maybe something will change overnight!    if, not I will removed them all and make a test like you have.  

@Mike.  I couldn't  wait for tomorrow so I deleted all the entries on the watch via the iPhone.  I then added, one by one, six entries and they all appeared in alphabetical order - great I thought.  I then added two more and they appeared out of order at the bottom of the list.  I then deleted the two  and added a single different entry - this went to the bottom out of order as well.  Is there a limit of six entries or is something else wrong?

@Robert I'm still not sure what's happening here, because I added about 10 random records to my watch, and it always stays in alphabetical order. And there is no limit to the number of records you can add.

Can you try shutting down your watch and then turning it on again? The only thing I can think of is something causing some type of conflict on your watch, and if so, a reboot of the OS might help resolve the problem.

@Mike Thanks for your suggestion.  I performed a full reset and started again with my Apple Watch 7 (v8.4.2 (19S553) and paired it with my iPhone Xs Max (v15.3.1).  I chose not it install any Apps automatically and just added mSecure.  The 7 records came across and they were placed in order (including the one that was at the bottom yesterday).  I then added Amazon and  it appears at the bottom of the list.  So, I have no idea what is happening here.  I can live with it but it should be better.  While here I do find it annoying that when I add the password to open the watch app I hear a loud 4 dings.  Could there be an option to mute this process? 

@Bob Our developer has this on his radar, but we're still trying to reproduce the order problem you experienced. If you don't see another response from me over the next week, please don't hesitate to remind me about the issue.

As for the dings when you type in your passcode, that's not something mSecure is doing. I'm assuming it has something to do with the sounds set for the watch, but I have never heard loud dings on my watch when entering the passcode, and I haven't heard this reported by other users. Unfortunately, I don't know what could be causing the behavior, so I don't have anywhere to point you for help.

@Mike Just to update you on my Apple Watch 7 issue.  I may have found something in that when I add new entries via my iPhone they all appear at the bottom of the list.  Later, maybe overnight, they all appear in order.  Just a thought, could it be that it requires the watch to be left on the charger to complete the order sequence?

No luck in removing the "dings" via the Watch App but I can live with that.

The only way that I have found to "remove the dings" is by turning "Silent Mode" on under "Sounds & Haptics" in Watch app on Iphone.

@Robert I know that the order of the records added to the watch app is not changed by it being on the charger or not. The strange thing is, our developer looked into this issue, and he was not able to reproduce it on his watch either. For both him and I, the records are added in the correct order quickly after they appear on the watch. It would be good to see if after adding the records, how long it might take for them to re-order themselves if you leave the watch on your wrist. It might be good to try adding the records, then let the watch lock, and then open mSecure again to see if it simply locking and unlocking corrects the sort problem.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire