Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

New Version Syncing

Your new version just automatically updated on my MAC. Now Msecure will NOT sync with my iphone. Also, when I open Msecure on my phone is says there is a new update. When I go to the App Store...there is no update.

Please advise

John,

The app automatically updated because you have automatic updates turned on on your Mac. 3rd party developers don't determine whether an app is installed automatically or manually.

For your iOS device, open the App Store app on your iOS devices, then tap the circular icon in the top right of the screen (probably has your portrait in it). In the Accounts page that pops up, scroll down to the updates section. Do you see any updates, and if so, do you see mSecure in the list?

I did as you requested your second paragraph and under "updated recently" nothing from Msecure. The updates under the heading go back to 9 Mar 2022.

The only MSecure app when I search all apps is the one I already have installed.

Thank,

Jay

There are only two things I can think of trying here. You can first try force closing the App Store app, and then start it again to see if it recognizes the upgrade is available. If that doesn't work, then you can also try completely shutting down your iOS devices for about a minute and then restarting them. Some customers have reported the device restart causing the App Store to see its availability.

thanks Mike,

I finely got the app store to show the updated Msecure app. Bit I can't download it. I'm going to wait until later to try it again. Stay tuned....

Got it working!

Thanks Mike!

Thank you very much for the update John, and it's great to hear you were able to download the update! If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to do to get it to download? We're curious as to how to force the download, because it should be available immediately upon open mSecure's page. For some reason, something is happening with the App Store app to keep the update from getting triggered, so having different options to tell customers is always helpful.

If I had to guess, Apple was having an issue. It took several reboots of my iPhone.  At times the App Store wouldn't even connect.  After finely getting connected I found the update after several App Store searches. Then I was only unable to download it after several more attempts. I was on the verge of calling Apple tech support when it finely downloaded and installed perfectly. 

I am have a minor syncing problem now but that's a subject of another time.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jay Amundson

Las Vegas, NV

Thank you for the extra information Jay. We have recently found that it's more consistent to get the update by using a direct link, but we're still not sure why it's needed. Everyone should have just been able to tap any of the entries returned after searching for mSecure, and then they should have seen the update. At any rate, It's good to hear you were able to get it, and I'm sorry it took all of that finagling in order to get it.

With regards to syncing, if you continue to see something wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me about it. If it's reproducible, we can fix it, and if it's not, we just have to work to figure out the cause.

The syncing issue is resolved! It was my fault. 

Thanks for all your help.

Jay

No problem are all Jay! Thank you very much for your time, and please let us know should you need further assistance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire