Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Msecure 5 stopped accepting my password

My password no longer opens Msecure 5 ,  not on my phone,  (Apple iphone), and not on my computer (Macbook). I am entering the correct password on both, neither will open. Please don't tell me I am using an incorrect password or typing it incorrectly,  I open Msecure on a daily basis. In fact,  I opened it a few hours before the password stopped working.

So,  how can I get my data out? I installed msecure  on multiple platforms.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in these situations, since the data in mSecure is encrypted with the password only you know. We don't acquire your password in any form, which is one of the reasons mSecure is as secure as it is, so there is no way we can get it to you. Also, we don't acquire your data in an unencrypted form, so there is no way for us to retrieve it for you.

For clarification, we don't have any known bugs that cause this type of behavior, as that would be about the worst bug that could exist in mSecure. While we get reports like this a few times a year, when they are resolved, it's always something forgotten about the customer's particular password like a character substitution - $ for S or 3 for E - or something special character they weren't able to remember.

If you have a backup of your data, we could try to restore from that backup on a different device. The backups are encrypted with the same password you use to unlock mSecure, so this is a longshot. However, we could try that if you would like to.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire