Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Can I restore my data which is encrypted with old password?

I have a backup which is encrypted with old password, but I have changed my password recently.

I don't have a backup encrypted with the new password. can I restore my data?

I remember both the old and new password.

This is what happened when I typed the old password on Windows 10. 

BTW, I can't backup or restore data on Android 11. the msecure5 folder is not existed. storage permission granted!

Hi Dwhite,

I just responded to the other thread we had going previously, but I'm going to move our correspondence to this thread only. Make sure to only post responses here, because if there are multiple threads going, it gets really difficult to keep questions and answers straight on my end =)

Here's what I wrote in the other thread...

I'm not sure what could be happening here, but I'll do everything I can to help. You shouldn't have any problems restoring from a supported backup file, so I think it might be that you are trying to restore from a file type mSecure doesn't understand. Can you tell me the full name of the backup file you are trying to restore from, including the 4 characters after the period? Also, are you still able to open and unlock any version of mSecure on any of your devices to gain access to your information?

Sorry for the inconvenience, actually I fixed the error by myself.

I tried several times, it failed. then I tried it again today, it still shows me the error message. But when I checked the data, everything is back, it seems I restored the data successfully. I have no idea what is going on.

mSecure_2021-01-07.msib here you go since you asked. maybe you just wanna know its format, right?

BTW, I want to make sure that is it possible to restore the data encrypted/backup with the old password on the device you sign-in with the new password?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the inconvenience, actually I fixed the error by myself.

I tried several times, it failed. then I tried it again today, it still shows me the error message. But when I checked the data, everything is back, it seems I restored the data successfully. I have no idea what is going on.

mSecure_2021-01-07.msib here you go since you asked. maybe you just wanna know its format, right?

BTW, I want to make sure that is it possible to restore the data encrypted/backup with the old password on the device you sign-in with the new password?

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for following up on this Dwhite. I don't know what could be causing the message you are seeing, but that shouldn't happen, especially not if the data was actually restored. I have never seen that happen before. I would like to have you try something if you are willing and if your data was synced over to another device. I think you are also running mSecure 5 on an Android device, and if that is the case, has your information synced over to mSecure 5 on that device?

Also, to answer your last question, you should be able to restore from a backup that was made using any password. Unlike the older version of mSecure, it doesn't matter if the password you are currently using to unlock the app is different than the password that was used when the backup was created.

has your information synced over to mSecure 5 on that device?

Yes, it has.

But I still can't sync the cloud icons on my Android device after about three days (PC can). My network is fine.  --- synced via msecure cloud.

Even if I edit it manually on Android, I still can't change it's icon (highlighted on Picture 2)

imageimage

I think I know what's happening here, and I believe it has something to do with changes that were made in the most recent releases of the Android OS. The changed the way apps access the directory structure on the device, and mSecure is not able to store the site icons like it needs to in order to display them in the app. We're in the process now of fixing this problem, and if testing goes as I hope today, a new version will be release in the Play Store that will fix what you are experiencing.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire