Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Ver5.7.2.1300 cannot see backup files

I'm an Android user.  Got a new phone and installed mSecure5 today.  I have been using mSecure4 previously.  Ver5 does not see the prior backup folder from Ver4.  As a workaround, I manually copied a Ver4 backup file to the "Download" folder.  When I navigate to the "Download" folder where the backup file is, Ver5 says "Empty Directory", which makes it impossible to perform a restore.

Is there a trick to getting Ver5 to see the Ver4 backup file?

Thank you!!

Gary

@Ahmad, @Simon,

Thank you letting me know you are both running into this issue as well. We now have a new Android build ready for testing, and we believe the issue is resolved. I will be testing that build today, and if everything checks out, it will be uploaded to the Play Store. Should work still be needed to fix the problem, know that it is a high priority for us right now.

Hi Mike, I'm having the same issue. I've been using mSecure4 for years without a problem.  I recently installed mSecure5 of my Pixel 3a running Android12. I also paid for the upgrade to mSecure5 pro, so that's not the issue. I copied the latest v4 backup file (.mscc) to the mSecure5 /backups folder on my phone; however mSecure can't "see" the file and says its an "Empty directory". I've viewed the file structure through connecting the phone to my PC and the file is in the backups folder. If  I can find an old phone running an old version of Android I can try your work around, but do you have another solution?

Thanks,

Jay

I installed mSecure5 on  2019 Moto G Power running Android 10 (QPOS30.52-32-10) and a Nexus 5X running Android 8.1.0 and ran into the same issue (the program couldn't "see" the file in the back-up folder). 

Is there a way to load the (.mscc) file to the mSecure cloud without going through the phone (e.g., using a PC) and accessing it through the phone that way? 

@Jay The problem here is that a .mscc file isn't a backup file. It's the sync file stored in your Dropbox account. In order to sync in data from that file, you would have to running the older version of the app, because mSecure 5 can't sync in the data stored in it. In order for mSecure 5 to see a backup file on your device's storage, it would have to be either a .msim file (from v4/v3) or it would have to be a .msib file (v5).

Can you give me some more context as to what you are trying to do here? I would assume that since you have a .mscc file that you are trying to upgrade to mSecure 5, so it's possible you still have mSecure 4 running on some device or you may have mSecure 3 running on your PC. Do you currently have access to your mSecure data in any version of the app on any of your devices?

Hi Mike, Yes, I was able to install v4 on an old phone and upload the data from the .mscc file. What's the next step?

That's great news @Jay! The next thing to do is simply create a backup in the old mSecure app and restore from that backup in mSecure 5. The easiest way to do that is to install mSecure 5 on the device that's running mSecure 4, but you should also be able to move the backup over to a different device without any problems. Here is a link to a help article with instructions on how to migrate your information: Transfer information from mSecure 4 to mSecure 5 on your mobile device

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire