Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Incorrect email in original account

I just updated my mSecure to the pro today. It has had the wrong email for several years. So it won’t update to my other devises because when I try to change it it says that email exists. My old account has many passwords on it. What should I do?

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure I understand what's happening here. Are you running mSecure 5 on any of your devices, and if so, is all your information showing in the new version of the app? If you aren't running mSecure 5, are you saying that you purchased a license and are not able to sign in to your account?

Most importantly, do you have access to your information on at least one device still running the older version of mSecure? As long as that is the case, we should have no problems getting this straightened out.

1. My old account has been updated to V. 5 and I just paid $29 to go to pro. 2 this same account had the wrong email for a number of years that I did not realize. The INCORRECT email is david_gsmith@me.con and I want to change it to the CORRECT email david_gsmith@me.com. 3. I created a new account with the CORRECT email on my iPad then FOUND the INCORRECT email on my PRO account. 4. The one with the new email needs to be deleted so I can update the CORRECT email on my PRO account. 5. Is there any way I can correct the email on my old PRO account? It won’t let me do so because of the new account I created. 6 do I need to start over with a new email to save my original version 5 PRO account. 7. It is frustrating that I cannot delete the NEW account I recently created so I can go back and correct the email in my old account that is (V. 5 PRO)

You should now be able to change the username for your Pro account. I changed the name of the new account you created, so the "david_gsmith@me.com" email address is no longer used on our server.

Were you able to change the username for your Pro account David?

Yes, I can now change the email on my PRO account on my iPhone. Thank you. One other question, I do not remember my password on that account, when I put mSecure 5 on my iPad how hard will it be to change it? Then I will need to update it on my iPhone as well. Thanks for your help.

Hi David,

I'm assuming you are unlocking mSecure on your iPhone using Touch or Face ID. Is that correct? If so, you can change the password for the account using Touch/Face ID as well, and you will need to do that before you will be able to sign in to the account on your iPad. To do this, open mSecure, tap the menu icon in the top left of the screen, and then tap "Settings." In the Settings screen, tap "Change Password," and you should be prompted to use Touch/Face ID to enter your current password.

Were you able to change the password for your account?

Mike, thanks so much. Your help was right on as it is now on my iPhone and iPad. You’re the best. David Smith.

Hi David,

It's great to hear you were able to get your password changed! Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire