Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Reset my password

Hi how can I reset my password without deleting my data

7 personnes se posent la même question

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for contacting us. Are you able to open mSecure now and unlock the app on any of your devices, or are you completely locked out of mSecure on all them?

I have this problem as well. I had to restore my iPhone and now the Touch ID feature for mSecure was disabled. I need to reset my password without wiping my data.

Hi Kelly,

When a phone is reset or restored from a previous backup of the phone, the registered fingerprint or face data stored in iOS is reset. It is not carried over through the reset or restore. This is why after the process finishes, you have to re-register your biometric data in the device's settings.

Regarding mSecure, third party apps don't actually perform the fingerprint or facial recognition. They simply hand off the request for the user to authenticate with the device, then the OS prompts the user to lay their finger on the scanner or hold their face to the camera so facial recognition can be performed. Since the old biometric data has been reset, the secret keys mSecure needs to decrypt the information in the app are no longer available. This is the reason the app can't unlock using your fingerprint or facial recognition. In order to enable biometric unlock for mSecure, you would first need to manually enter your password to unlock the app. After mSecure is unlocked, it would be able to store the necessary security information with the OS which would make unlocking the app with your fingerprint or face recognition possible again.

I'm not sure how you would like to proceed, but please let me know, and I'll try to help in any way I can.

found a way in through another iphone with thumbprint. after upgrading, both Iphones worked and let me in!!! 

YAY.

BUT, I'm still locked out of my MAC. I've deleted the app and reinstalled but still wont let me in. It never asks me who I am (never ask me for userid) only PW.

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to fix this quickly by simply resetting mSecure on your Mac:

1. Open mSecure on that device

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter mSecure for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Hi I did upgrade my MSecure app and created the account and activate the Face ID but neither password and Face ID are allowing me to access my data, how can I reset my password? Tks

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here, but I'll be able to help you with this. When you say you are not allowed access to your data, can you explain that in more detail? If you were able to upgrade to mSecure 5 and import your information from the older mSecure app, that would mean you were able to at one time open mSecure 5 and unlock it. In that case, Face ID should work to unlock the app now. Were you ever able to sign in to mSecure 5, or is that what you are trying to do now? If you are trying to sign in to mSecure 5 now, can you tell me what email address you are using?

Also, do you still have access to your information in the older version of mSecure on at least one device?

I just can’t remember my mSecure password. I can access my information through Face ID however if something changes with the Face ID I can’t access. How can I reset my password? Can you help me?

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for the extra information. If you are running mSecure 5, you can change your password using the Change Password option in the Settings of of the app. Go ahead and open mSecure and use Face ID to unlock it. Next, tap the menu button in the top left corner, then tap Settings. In the Settings screen, tap Change Password, and you should be asked if you would like to fill in your current password using Face ID.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire