Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

New Computer But Cant Migrate Data

I've messed up the backup of my version 4 data and would like to move to version 5.  I have my old computer but I had performed a reset and now I can't access mSecure 4.  I have a .mscx file on the old computer but don't know how to move it to the new computer.  Can I move the file manually to the new hard-drive and somehow get it loaded onto mSecure 5 on the new computer?

I still have the data on my phone and can open it up with mSecure 4.  Can we use that to recover?

1 personne a le même problème

Hi Loyd,

Thank you for contacting us. The easiest thing to do here is to use the data that is already stored in mSecure 4 on your phone. Before I can help, can you let me know what type of device your phone is, as well as which specific version of mSecure it is running? You can find the version of mSecure at the bottom of the app's settings page.

One more thing, have you already installed mSecure 5 and set up an account on either of your devices?

I have mSecure version 4.5.4 on my iPhone 11.  I have mSecure 5 on my MacBook Air.  I can login to my iPhone, but not my computer.  I would like to sync systems to be abl to operate.  I bouth version 5 but didin't instlll on iPhone.  What are my options without loging all of my data?   Can I reinstall version 4 on computer to avoid losing data?

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting us. In order to keep your data in sync, you will need to be running mSecure 5 on both devices. Since you have all your data in the older app on your iPhone, you should install mSecure 5 on that device, and sign in to your account. After that is done, I can help you get your data transferred over to mSecure 5 using the email backup and restore feature. After your data is transferred, you will be able to sign in to your account on your Mac, and the data will sync over automatically.

Real quick, I checked your "rburbage@mac.com" mSecure account, and there hasn't been any successful sign ins to that account, but it was created way back in March of 2017. Is that the email address you are using when you try to sign in to your mSecure 5 account? If so, is it telling you that the username or password is incorrect?

One more thing, can you confirm for me that you have access to all your data in mSecure 4.5.4 on your iPhone?

apparantly I had installed msecure 5 on my iPhone and bought a new phone and only the 4.5.4 version was restored.  when I try to install it again it tells me to open  and it opens v 4.5.4

Hi Roger,

mSecure 5 is a different app in the App Store than mSecure 4.5.4, so if you are on the mSecure 5 page in the store, the open button can't open the older version of the app.

Here is the link for downloading mSecure 5 onto your iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/msecure-password-manager-and-secure-wallet/id1063795594

After visiting that link, are you able to download mSecure 5?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire