Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Can't access mSecure4 backup after resetting Android phone

Hi,

I was running mSecure4 on my Android LG G4 and backing up via DropBox. I've had to do a factory reset on the phone and now can't download mSecure4, so have downloaded mSecure5, but this doesn't recognise my backup file on DropBox so I can't sync my data. What can I do to get data back?

1 personne a le même problème

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. You are not able to set up Dropbox syncing to sync in data from the older app. However, you are able to restore from an older backup file. Are you wanting to continue using mSecure 5, which will require a purchase at some point, or would you rather continue using the older mSecure app?

I'm in same position. I would rather continue using msecure4. What can I do?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the late response to your question. Can you explain in some detail what's happening here? You should be able to install mSecure 4 from your list of purchased apps in the Play Store app. After it's installed, you should be able to restore your data from a backup file created earlier. Have you been able to install mSecure 4 from the Play Store? If so, do you have a backup file to restore from?

I NEED to talk to a person that can help me get my info back. This messaging doesn’t work. I can’t get into my account because the password is in the damn mSecure that I CAN’T access. When you say forgot password, you can’t even reset it

@Candace Unfortunately, we're not able to offer telephone support at this time. With the volume we have, I'm not even able to get on Skype/Zoom/Google Meet meetings either. However, I can help you here in the forum. Are you saying that you forgot your password to the old mSecure app, and that when you try to open it, it tells you the app needs to be updated? If so, were you using Touch or Face ID to unlock mSecure in the past?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire