Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Restore mSecure to new PC

Hi all,

I don't know what is previous mSecure version our client used but I have mSecure.mscw file and backup files

autobackup_mSecure_2019-03-06_13-12-46.mscx

How can I restore these file to new mSecure?

Thanks

1 personne a le même problème

it looks like I have to download 3.5.7 version and migrate to new version.

Thanks all

Hi Hoang,

A .mscx file is an old backup file created in mSecure 3. You can download mSecure 3 for Mac or Windows in order to be able to restore from that backup file. You can download mSecure 3 for Windows here:  https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000022199 

In order to restore from a backup file in mSecure 3, make sure to set up a lock password and follow these steps:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 3
  2. Click File
  3. Click Backup
  4. Select your backup file
  5. Enter the backup file's password and restore

I had mSecure 5 before my computer crashed. I have an activation key but I am unable to figure out how to activate the downloaded program. I am using Windows 10 pro x64

Hi Mike,

When you say you have an activation key, can you explain what you mean? mSecure 5 doesn't require any type of activation. When you install the app, you just need to sign in to your mSecure account, and everything should work. What happens when you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on your PC? Are any error messages displayed?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire