Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Locked out of account, due to trial expiration.

So, I have used pre version 5 msecure for many years on my Nexus 6p. After upgrading to a Pixel 3xl, I realized there was a newer version (5) that supported fingerprint. So I installed it and I cannot recount for sure, but I think I let it suggest a password, thinking I would just use my fingerprint. Fast forward to today and I was trying to login and was only presented with a password option. Wondering what happened to my fingerprint access, I tried every password I could think of. No luck. After searching, I realized I had a trial and after the trial ends, fingerprint access goes away. Looking back I see I received a few emails, but never check this account that often. So, if I purchase the full version can I get back in with fingerprint? Or I need help from support in either case?

Hi Toby,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  You are correct, only customers with an mSecure 5 license can use all the mSecure 5 features including the fingerprint unlock. If you have forgotten your account's password, you can learn how to reset your account and create a new account password here: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064228

Please note that going through an account reset will not affect your mSecure 4 or lower information.

Hi Eden, not sure that answered by question. From what I read, resetting my account is like starting fresh and I will lose the information I had saved. Correct? The other questions not answered was if I purchase the full version can I get back into my existing stored data with fingerprint?

Hi Toby,

Once the Fingeprint feature is disabled, the only way to enabled it again is to unlock the app using your account password and go to the Settings to re-enable the feature. I can extend your trial period and you can use all the features again for your account. However, you'll have to unlock the app using the account password in order to re-enable the feature.

If you are using mSecure 4, an account reset will not affect that information. However, it will destroy your mSecure 5 information. After an account reset, mSecure 5 will walk you through a migration process again if mSecure 4 is installed on the same device. Otherwise, you can always restore your information from a .msib (mSecure 5) or .msim backup file created in the previous versions of mSecure.

What are the requirements for password, just needs to be 4 characters?
Oddly enough, I started down the line of passwords I would have used (that I tried yesterday) and I got in...with the 2nd password I thought I would have used!

Hi Toby,

Yes, the only requirement we have for account passwords is for them to be at least 4 characters long. Did you need me to extend your trial period here?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire