Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Upgrade difficulties

I have a Msecure tool on my Mac, iPad and iPhone.. I would like to upgrade but this doesn't work.. 

Bestelling-ID: MGY3H5WSB0
Ontvangstdatum: 13-06-14

I ordered through iTunes as You can See but my email doesn't work for the upgrade.. 

1 personne a le même problème

HI Ruben,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. mSecure 5 is a brand new app, and mSecure 5 is the first and only version of mSecure to use an account system. Please create an mSecure account to get started in mSecure 5.

I would recommend starting with mSecure 5 on a device that has the previous version so that mSecure 5 can walk you through a migration process: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/migrating. Otherwise, mSecure 5 can restore from a .msim backup file created in the previous versions: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/msecure-backups

Thank you very much for your time, and please let me know should you need further assistance.

I have started the app on my Mac and all went well.. If I would upgrade on my Mac do I need to upgrade my Iphone and iPad also and pay double?

Already read the answer to that question.... :) 

The price for a upgrade is the same as a complete new user?

I would appreciate your help.  I have used mSecure for several years, and love it, AND have shared my enthusiasm with many friends.    I have received frequent notices re upgrading to to new version at 1/2 of the normal price of 29.95, and decided to take advantage of the offer.  

The way you have the upgrade set up could not be more impossible, and makes me seriously question my decision to continue to use mSecure.  I use Mac Yosemite 10.10.5

Your upgrade links are a dead end requiring re-entry of e-mail and password several times until I figured out it doesn't work and it is not my mistake.  Finally got a message that if I have certain versions of mSecure, I have to create a new account.  OK.   THEN, there is no suitable link to do so, even though it says you will then be able to purchase the new software at 50% off.  Your new software may be awesome, and I suspect it is, but whoever designed the upgrade path is clueless.

SO, I tried to start all over with registration, and I get the message that my e-mail is already in use, so WON'T let me register!   Used an alternative e-mail address, and there is NO connection at all to the 50% off option I am trying to access, andf I have read that others who signed up this way did NOT receive the discount.

Are you kidding me?  I have now wasted 30 minutes.  

I can only imagine how many potential customers have followed the same path, and have, or are about ready to do what I am about to do, which is seek a different security software for my critical information.  

I would appreciate your prompt offer of assistance, or I may move on.

Thanks.

Hi David,

First, it would be best to start your own discussion about issues you might be having. Although the title of this discussion matches with your issues, the actual contents don't. With that out of the way:

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. I've tested the links and find no issues with the links in the email or in-app message. mSecure 5 is the first and only version of mSecure to use an account system. In order to purchase or use mSecure 5, you need to have an mSecure account. 

I think most of the confusion with mSecure account lies in the nature of information stored in the old version of mSecure. Many of our customers think they already have an account, but since we didn't have a cloud service in previous versions of the app, accounts did not exist. Your information was only stored locally on your device unless you used Dropbox or iCloud syncing, and you just unlocked the app with your password. No account was needed because your data was only stored on your device.

With the release of mSecure 5, we now have our own account system, so an account is now required to sign in to the mSecure 5. Each device signs in to the same mSecure account, and then your information is kept in sync on all your devices. After signing in to your account, using the new app is very similar in that you only need to enter your password to unlock the app to gain access to your information. However, in the background, you are always signed in to your mSecure account.

I do not know what email address you are trying to use to create an mSecure account, but there is no account for the email address you are using on this website. However, you might have created an mSecure account in mSecure 5 in the past year or perhaps during our pre-order offer last year for a different email address.

Hi, I am a mSecure version 4 user and downloaded v.5 today. Although I am quite experienced in using computers and smart phones, I found the upgrading procedure too complicated. I was unable to sign in to my account with my e-mail and password on the new version and decided to continue using the older version. This is just for feedback, hoping that future versions will be more user-friendly.

Thank you for the wonderful software, by the way.

Kind regards,

Osman Tümay

Hi Osman,

Thank you for your feedback. Can you let me know exactly what was hard or complicated about mSecure 5? 

1. mSecure 5 is a separate app
  2. mSecure 5 requires an account
  3. mSecure 5 should be installed on a device that has the older versions first
  4. However, mSecure 5 can restore from a .msim backup file created in the previous versions
  5. Our account system has an extra authentication process for better/stronger security

I believe those 5 things are the most difficult things to get across about our new app. However, if the app is installed on a device that has the previous versions, our app will walk you through a simple migration process. Otherwise, mSecure 5 can always restore your information from a .msim backup file created in the previous versions.

I am not very computer literate and am trying to update my mSecure to the new iMac Catalina program. At present cannot access any of my passwords

would appreciate any help.

Yours Neil 

Hi Neil,

Please create your own topic or email us at support@msevensoftware.com. This is an extremely old topic that doesn't not seem to be relevant to you. I'm locking or closing this topic.

Les commentaires de cette discussion sont désormais fermés !