Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Why won't it import my back up file?

I have just upgraded my phone from an iPhone 13pro max to the 16 pro max. mSecure did not recognise my password in the new phone so I went thru the reset knowing I had a backup from a few month back. I also upgraded my subscription from the previous free (originally paid years ago) to the pay version now. When I select the backup to restore it asks for a password. When entering my new password it fails to recognise it. Help! I am lost without this data...

Nick, I’m just a regular user, so not an expert. I am pretty sure you must use the password that was utilized when the backup was made. This caught me off guard a few years ago when switching phones. Fortunately I tried the old password and everything was restored. Mike

Thank you for helping here @Michael!

@Nick What Michael said is correct. The backup files are encrypted with the password you were using for mSecure at the time they were created. When you attempt to restore the backup, you have to enter the password you were using to open the mSecure at the time the bakcup was created.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario