Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Unable to sync via Wifi to Mac from iPad & iPhone after all updates and support articles

I have updated all version of mSecure on each device, deleted the mSecure file on the Mac OS and signed back in, restored from backups, have ensured all devices are on the same wifi and have enabled location services with precise location and STILL cannot complete a sync. Wifi sync used to work on a previous Mac but I am using a new Mac Studio running Sonoma 14.4.1. Please help. 

Hi Greg,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what's going wrong here, but I'll do everything I can to help. After checking your account, I believe I know what's causing the problem, but I don't know how to fix it at this time. Real quick, when you say you're using a Mac Studio, are you also using a Mac Studio Display? We have run into problems where the display itself reports multiple IP addresses, and this can confuse mSecure when it comes to Wi-Fi syncing. In the end, if the correct IP Address, the one the Mac uses on your network, is getting set on your account, then all other mSecure apps on your other devices will be able to sync via Wi-Fi. However, if the IP Address getting set on your account is not the Mac's address, syncing will not work because the devices will not be able to "talk" to your Mac.

I'm going to have you check the IP Address in your Mac's Settings to see if it's the same IP Address you see in mSecure's Sync Settings. Go ahead and open your Mac's Settings app, and click "Wi-Fi" in the left column. Click "Details..." to the right of the network you're connected to and keep the window that pops up open.

Now open mSecure, and click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. Click the "Sync" tab and look for the IP Address in the "Server" box.

Are the IP Addresses the same?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario