Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Changing To New Phone

If I get a new android phone will my data automatically sync to my new device or is there something that I need to do.  I am not very tech savvy. 

Hi Deb,

Thank you for contacting us. I checked your account, and it looks like you purchased a subscription back in December of 2023, so your data is able to sync to the mSecure Cloud. However, you don't have syncing turned on right now. After you turn on syncing, you'll be able to sign in to your account on your new phone, and the data will sync in to mSecure on that device.

One thing before we get into turning on the sync feature, can you let me know if you will still have access to your old phone after you purchase your new one? It's possible to run into some authentication issues when you install mSecure, because you have to have access to your account's encryption key. It's very easy if you access to your old phone, but if not, you'll need to have access to your account key sent via email when you first set up your account.

Also, what type of phone is your current phone, and what type of phone will the new device be?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario