Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Syncing across iPhone and mac

It appears somehow I’ve Managed to create 2 different main passwords for Mac version and iPhone. And , the databases don’t sync anymore ?anyone help me ?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. It shouldn't be possible for you to have two different passwords on the same mSecure account, so something very strange is happening here. The first thing I need to do is make sure both your devices are signed in to the same mSecure account.

I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices. When you respond, please tell me the different devices you are using next to the email you see in the Account Settings of each app.

To find the email address for your account, follow the instructions below on each device running mSecure.

For the iOS app:

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

For the Mac app:

1.    Open mSecure

2.    Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen

3.    Click the "Account" tab

Hi, thanks for replying. I can confirm the account on my iphone is as expected. 

However , when i try to go to the "Account" tab on the mac version, msecure completely drops out, and an error message appears stating 'msecure quit unexpectedly"

Hi Michael,

I'm not sure what's happening here, but the Mac app is definitely experiencing some type of problem, most likely due to an account communication problem. Do you have all your data synced over to mSecure on your iOS device? If so, I'm going to simply have you reset mSecure on your Mac and sign back in to your account.

ok. im happy to reset msecure on the mac. What are the steps?. do i have to just delete the mac version?

Ok, only perform the steps below if you know you have all your data synced over to mSecure on your iOS device. Once you reset mSecure on your Mac, the data stored in it now will be deleted. You'll only have it in the apps to which it has been synced.

To reset mSecure on your Mac:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

All fixed now!, thanks for your help.

Great news Michael! Please let me know if you need further assistanc.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario