Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

msecure account - 2 users under prior operation

I have had msecure since 2016.  My husband and I shared it - and we had the passwords grouped in categories.  Some were accessible by me only; some by him only; and some shared. 

The account was (and is) in my name  
When the switch was made to the "new" mSecure my husband lost the ability to access the account. 
PLUS all the passwords that were connected to him only are gone (inaccessible to me).
I realize you are trying to convey information to users but I cannot find how to solve my problem
HELP

Hi Diane,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not exactly sure how you were using mSecure previously, but before mSecure 6, there was no way to share data the way you are describing. For syncing in older versions before mSecure 6, it was all or nothing. You were either both signed in to the same account in mSecure 5, and then all of the data was synced between your devices, or if you were using a version before v5, you simply set up Wi-Fi, Dropbox or iCloud syncing and made sure each app used the same password. The one thing you could not do, however, is sync only certain parts of your data.

The only way you could have achieved what you are describing in prior versions of mSecure is if you both had your own separate accounts, and then you manually entered the data you wanted to share with one another separately in each of your mSecure apps. In mSecure 6, through cross-account sharing, what you are describing is possible, but that feature is only available in the new app released in March of this year.

I say all of this to let you know there is no way that upgrading to mSecure 6 could make it so you are now not able to see specific data that was shared with you by your husband, because that was not possible to do before mSecure 6 was released.

So now to the issue you are experiencing. Getting this resolved could be very complicated, so I want you to be aware I don't see any quick fixes here. I first need to know what happened that led you to needing help. Are you trying to upgrade to mSecure 6? If so, do you know which versions of mSecure you were using previously? Does the app icon you were opening have a brighter blue background or is it a very dark blue color.

Does you husband still have access to his data in any version of mSecure on any of his devices? If not, when he opens mSecure now, is he able to enter his password to unlock the app, or is he completely locked out?

I'm going to have you check something really quick in all your mSecure apps, because this could all be just simple confusion caused by filters getting applied to your data by accident. To make sure no filters are set and all records are visible, please follow the instructions below. I'm sending you instructions for all platforms, because I'm not sure which ones you use. You may only need the instructions for iOS at the top, but if you have any other types of devices, you can use the other instructions to clear the filters that may be active in mSecure.

For iOS:

1) Tap the leftmost icon in the filterbar at the top of the main view

2) If you see any tag or vault icons under the 5 filters in the filterbar, tap one of them, then tap the option to remove all

3) Look at the star in the top right of the main view. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Android:

1) Tap the menu icon in the top left of your screen to bring in the menu

2) Tap "All Items" at the top of the list, then close the menu

3) Look at the star in the top right of the main view. Is it yellow in the on position? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Mac:

1) Click "All Records" at the top of the left column

2) Look at the star in the top right of the middle column. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

For Windows:

1) Click "All Items" at the top of the left column

2) Look at the star in the top right of the middle column. Is it yellow? If it is, tap it to disable the favorites filter.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario