Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Cursor in Search Field

I think version 5 used to do this and I wondered if this feature is possible in version 6. When I log in and enter my mSecure pass (desktop app: windows and mac), the cursor used to go right to the search field so I could start typing my search as soon as the app fully opens to get to the pass I want. Now I have to grab my mouse and click into that field, taking my hands off the keyboard. It's a really little thing, but saves a few seconds each time I pull up the app. I really noticed when it was gone.

4 personas les gusta esta idea

Updated my Windows app (v6.0.256.0) and cursor in Search field upon log in is working now. Fantastic job!

I can confirm that cursor is in search field when unlocking after updating to version 6.0.3 (856) (macOS). 

Great work!

I am unable to update my windows app to v6.0.256.0.  I am using v6.0.242.0, but the windows store apparently believes this is the latest version as it does not install an update when I download updates to my apps.  I am guessing updates are rolled out in phases.  Is that correct?  If not, how do I force an update?

The same for me @Sam....I'm assuming it's rolled out in phases...

@Sam @Noella We are in the process of fixing a nasty bug where the app freezes on the lock screen for some of our users. We think we have narrowed down what's causing it, but we're not able to easily fix it due to the nature of the problem. As soon as we have that issue fixed, we'll be publishing a new version to the Windows Store. That version will be greater than v6.0.256.0, so when you have that new build, you will have access to what @Ai and @Daniel are referring to.

Alternatively, if you wanted to become an ongoing beta tester, I could add you to the test list, and you would get new builds as they become available for testing.

Love to be added to the test list - I love this program, and anything I can do to help in testing I'm open to it.  Thanks

Thank you so much for your willingness to help as a beta tester @Noella! You've already been very helpful over the past couple of weeks, so it will be great to have you working with new builds as they get released in the beta track.

All I need to get from you is the email address you use to sign in to the Store app on your PC. You can either give that to me here, or if you prefer, you can send it via email to support@msevensoftware.com. If you decide to use email, let me know in this thread that you sent it, and I'll respond to you as soon as I see it.

Thanks Mike...I've sent the email with my information.

Thank you @Noella! I just responded to you via email.

With  v6.0.257.0 on my PC I notice that the cursor does appear in the Search field upon login - and it will maintain that status if I click on "Security Center" and then return to "All items", and it also retains it's focus in the search field if I click on "sharing center" and then return to "All Items".  However, if I click on one of the Quick Filters - the cursor is no longer in the search field box - and if I return now to "All items" the cursor is no longer in the search field box.

In testing the beta version 6.0.257.0 I notice that the cursor will retain it's focus in the "Search field" once I log into mSecure.  If I then click on  "Security Center" and then go  back to "All items" or  if I click on "Sharing Center" and then go back to "All items" the cursor remains in the Search field as I would expect.

However, If I click on any one of the quick filters the cursor does not appear in the search field, and if I then return to "all items", the cursor no longer appears in the "Search Field"

In testing the beta version 6.0.257.0 I notice that the cursor will retain it's focus in the "Search field" once I log into mSecure. If I then click on "Security Center" and then go back to "All items" or if I click on "Sharing Center" and then go back to "All items" the cursor remains in the Search field as I would expect.

However, If I click on any one of the quick filters the cursor does not appear in the search field, and if I then return to "all items", the cursor no longer appears in the "Search Field"

Weird. I get email notifications that @Noella is replying in this thread but i can't seem to read them here.

On macOS switching  between types the cursor retain it's focus in search field. 

However, if i switch to either "Security Center" or "Sharing Center" the cursor does not appear in the search field.

@Daniel...I deleted my message in the thread and then posted a new one that was hopefully more clear as to what I was testing. As to your post, I get similar results in testing on my MacBook  with mSecure version 6.0.3  Focus is lost once I switch to Security Center or to Sharing Center

I get same symptoms as @Noella @Daniel on 6.0.257.0. Focus initially in search box when logging in. When switching to Security Center or Sharing Center  or one of the Quick Filters, focus in search bar is lost now and again. Behaviour is a little inconsistent. To be clear, this is simply switching between the tabs Security Center / Quick Filters without actually selecting any records.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario