Thank you for contacting us. I checked your mSecure account with the email you are using here in the forum, and you do have a yearly Premium subscription on the account. The first thing we need to do is check which email address you see in the Account Settings of mSecure on all your devices:
For the iOS app:
1. Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view
2. Tap Settings at the bottom of menu
3. Tap Account Settings
For the Mac app:
1. Open mSecure
2. Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen
3. Click the "Account" tab
What email address do you see in the Account Settings of each mSecure app, and also, what type of account does it say you have?
With regards to the Mac app, we did a gradual rollout of the app, so the App Store may not have updated right away. However, if you go to mSecure now in the App Store app on your Mac, you should see that mSecure 6 is available. What do you see in the App Store app now?
I'm logged into all devices as email@example.com and aon all devices, it reckons that I've got a Pro account - so far, so good. (Yay!)
- the Apple store in the UK is still only offering ver 5
- I've now been billed for a Pro account by both Apple (a repeating subscription) and Paddle - your payment handling operation the UK, so I think Itv been billed twice for the same thing
So some steps forward, but some not so good.
For clarity, Mike, Ive checked by iPad and my phone - both now on version 6.
The remaining issues are -
- Only ver 5 available for the Mac, so keeps giving an error every time I log on to MSecure
- Billed twice for the same service?
Looks like we're getting there - MSecure ver 6 has now appeared in the UK Apple Store.
Now, about billing....... ;)
Mike, YOU'RE AMAZING!
Just got a refund from Paddle for one of the two subscriptions, so all is perfect.
Thank you SO MUCH for all the help, so promptly achieved.
That's great news Xander! I was just coming back here to tell you we found a problem in the purchasing just a bit ago, and we've been in the process of fixing it up. Your account/purchase was one of the ones affected by the issue, so we refunded the one purchase and made sure everything was set up correctly for mSecure to see the subscription.
Real quick, I want to make sure you're actually seeing the subscription for your account in mSecure. Does it say you have a Premium account in all your mSecure apps?
No problem at all Xander! Take care, and let me know if you run into any other issues.
I've now paid for (I think?) a premium subscription for MSecure 6, and have upgraded my iPhone version to MS6 - however -
- My iPhone version still insists that I'm on the Essentials" deal - I understood that the subscription covered ALL my implementations of mSecure. Are you now telling me that I need to purchase a license for every platform? MacOS, iPhone, iPad and so on?
- My Mac (MacOS 12.3), currently Secure 5 - keeps telling me that I need to upgrade, but the only version of MSecure available via the Mac store int he UK is ver 5 -not version 6
Frankly, one way and another, I'm significantly less than impressed!