Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Crashing.

I have iOS 15.3 on an iPhone 7. MSecure version 5.7.3. Every time I log in the app crashes. I can’t get to my passwords!

1 Persona tiene este problema

Hi Mary,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what's happening here, but it sounds like this may be related to syncing. Do you have mSecure installed on any other devices, and do you keep your information in sync between those devices? If so, are you able to open mSecure on any device to view your information?

I have the same issue... iOS15.2 mSecure 5. iPhone 8. NEED THIS FIXED NOW! I rely on mSecure to get into my accounts online.

Hate to tell you but I had to reinstall and lost all my passwords. Not impressed at all. Very little effort to try and look into the issue

@Mark Since I'm not sure what's causing the problem you are facing, there is no way for the issue to be fixed. Both you and @Mary have experienced the problem, but it is not widespread, so we haven't been able to get enough information on what is causing the behavior you're experiencing. Before we do anything in the realm of troubleshooting, can you let me know if you are able to open mSecure and view your information on any device running mSecure? If not, is your iPhone the only device on which you run mSecure?

@Mary I'm not sure what you mean here. My response to you 14 days ago was to initiate a process whereby I would try to help you with getting the issue resolved. And if that had happened successfully, you wouldn't have lost any information. I didn't have a chance to look into anything further, because I didn't hear back from you after I asked the question I asked in the one response I wrote. Also, I didn't even get to a place where I could give you troubleshooting instructions, so I'm not sure why you re-installed mSecure, as that is not something I would have had you do unless I was sure you had your data backed up.

If you would like me to try to help you with recovering your information, I may be able to help you find a backup. You can look for one in the "Backups" section of the Settings in mSecure.

Apparently your left hand doesn’t know what your right hand is doing as I was told there was nothing that could be solved and my only choice was to re install it by someone.

I am not able to open mSecure on my iPhone8. From my main screen, I click on the icon, type in my password, and the screen goes back to the main screen. When I click on the icon again, I get a message about sending a file to mSecure regarding the unexpected quit - send report, always send, or don't send are the options. You should have received about a dozen reports.

@Mary That is correct, most of the time, our left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The different portals for our support service do not know that one customer has sent the same request to each portal. The forum is one channel of support and email is another channel, and there's no way for both channels to always know the multiple request of one customer. For future, reference, it's best to choose one channel for the support you need.

Were you able to check the Backups section in mSecure's Settings? If you were able to do that, did you see any backups listed?

@Mary I was able to find your correspondence with our other support rep, so there is no need to check for backups in mSecure's Settings. The reason he was not able to help you get your data is because you have a free account. Without a license, syncing cannot happen and backups are not made, as they are both a part of the paid feature set, so the only option was to reinstall mSecure after trying to restart the device.

@Mark Our support system doesn't receive those reports. They are sent to Apple, and then, they are forwarded to our development portal. It's possible our developer has already seen some of the reports, but we in support would never know, since the reports are not connected to your mSecure account or to our support portal.

Would you like to try to work on this further? I should be able to help, but I'll need the information I asked for in my previous response.

I am able to open mSecure on my other devices. Unfortunately, I have not synced those devices recently - for more than a year. The last back up on my iPhone8 is probably back in October. I do have a paid account with mSecure.

@Mark I just checked your account, and it looks like you are using Wi-Fi syncing, which is not at all what I suspected. I think this might be related to the auto-backup feature rather than syncing. When you say your last backup on your iPhone was in October, are you talking about backing up your entire iPhone, or are you saying you have somehow found that the last mSecure backup was made in October?

I am referring to backing up just mSecure. I couldn't tell you the last time I backed up my iPhone.  Last backup was 10/27/21. Auto backup... come to think of it, I don't remember the last time mSecure asked me if I want to backup, so that could be it. That said, I cannot open mSecure to adjust the settings on the auto backup.

MIke - I set up my new PC with mSecure last night and WIFI synced to my old macbook and an old iPhone. I wanted to sync to my iPhone8, but that couldn't happen. I did get on the latest iOS version on that iPhone8 (15.3) thinking that might help. No go.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario