Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Password not working on desktop mSecure

My password I´ve written down is not working, I have all the passwords saved in my iphone - to sync it with my desktop I wanted to log in and transfer, but now I cannot login to mSecure App on Mac OSX and there is no "forgot password?" link to make a new one. How can I access my app now? I tried already to delete the app and have the chance to re-authentificate my account with my QR but it doesn´t helped me yet. Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure I fully understand what's happening here. While there is a forgot password option in the latest Mac and iOS versions, if you need to reset your password, there is no way to do that without fully resetting the account which also means the data stored in the app will be destroyed. The system is created this way, because if you create a means to reset a password, that would require us to store secrets about your account's encrypted, which would also mean we would have access to your information. Since we never want to have that access, there is no way to reset your password without also resetting the account.

When you say you deleted the app and have the chance to re-authenticate, are you talking about on your iPhone? If you were not able to use your password to open mSecure before you deleted the app, then you shouldn't be able to use that same password to sign back in to your account.

The main thing I need to know is, do you have access to your information in any version of mSecure running on any of your devices? If you do, there's really no problem here, as we can simply make a backup, get you back into your account, and then you can restore from that backup. We'll work on that if needed when I hear back from you.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario