Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Cannot change a password in m5.

Unable to change the password on accounts listed in M5. It says it was done successfully but when I go back into that account it's not changed.

Hi Barbi,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I checked for an account using the email you are using here in the forum, and I was able to find it. However, it doesn't show that your password was changed recently. I'm not sure if you are ok with writing out your email address here in the forum, but if you are, and if you have access to your information in mSecure, please follow the steps below to tell me which account you are signed in to:

For the mobile app (iOS/Android):

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

For the Mac app:

1.    Open mSecure

2.    Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen

3.    Click the "Account" tab

For the Windows app:

1.    Click the settings icon in the bottom of the left column

2.    Click Account Settings

Which email address do you see next to the Username field in each of your mSecure apps? Also, please let me know which types of devices you are using. After I have all this information, I should be able to help.

Hi Mike Reilley,

Ok laugh if you want. I went back in the next day and now it shows the new password. I guess I need to wait till the next day to check to see if the new password shows.

I wasn't changing the main M5 password, its the password for each company (see attached) you use passwords on I was having problems with trying to save new password. But it looks fine now.

Thank for getting back to me.
mSecure5 user for a long time!

OLD GEEZER

Barbi Schmuhl

Hi Barbi,

Thank you for the clarification on this. The syncing does take some time before it reaches each device, but it doesn't take much longer than a couple of minutes. The way to make it go faster is to lock mSecure on all your devices except the one that you are going to be making the change on, make the update or add a record, wait for about a minute, then open and unlock mSecure on the other device. The sync should be triggered after unlocking the app, but it might take a minute or two before the change is synced up to the cloud on the first device.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario