Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Associating new ios device msecure 5.71 with eisting account

Here is the situation:

I have an msecure account that has existed since 2018. I have 2 existing devices: an Iphone and a macbook; each running msecure 5.7.1 and synched together to the same (2018) account and performing correctly.

Bought new Ipad Pro 11 and installed msecure 5.7.1 app on the new ipad

NOW ATTEMPTING TO ASSOCIATE NEW IPAD 11 WITH EXISTING (2018) MSECURE ACCOUNT.

Here's where I am in new msecure app on new ipad:

When I get to "settings/account Settings " and "view Authentication QR code" I'm totally left hanging.

What happens step by step from here. I need to be shown this at a kindergarden level.

I assume I want to view the original account codes recieved in 2018. Is this correct?

What do I do next? 

1 Persona tiene este problema

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. If you are signed in to the same iCloud account on your iPad Pro as you are on your iPhone and Mac, you should be able to sign in and get authenticated without needing to scan your QR code. You will also need to sign in to the same mSecure account, of course.

Before we do anything else, can you open the Account Settings in mSecure on your Mac and iPhone and tell me what email address you see next to the username? On iPhone, you tap the menu icon in the top left, then tap Settings to get to the Settings page. On Mac, you click on "mSecure > Preferences" then click on the Account tab.

Also, do you know if your iPad Pro is signed in to the same iCloud account as your other devices?

Thanks Mike

Iphone and macbook both have <address_a>. They play nice.

Ipad does not readily accept <address_a>. The response is that <address_a> "Account already exists for this username" 

(Okay so the account exists and we knew that.) I then hit "OK" and now what do I do. I'm still not into the account (assume because no synching is happening).

All devices are connected to the same IDrive as evidenced in settings and in viewed IDrive contents. Msecure mssb file  of the same number shows in all.

More help needed. 

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you are trying to create a new account on your Mac. When you open mSecure, click the button to "Sign In" instead of "Sign Up" and you should be able to sign in to your existing account. If you don't see an option to "Sign In" let me know, and we'll get this figured out.

I would point out to you that my MAc and I-Phone are playing nice. It's the IPAD that is maybe trying to open a new account. That would be consistent with the symptoms I'm seeing. I don't see an option to sign in to msecure app on the ipad.  What you are saying makes total sense!

I think we're getting close to a solution.

Mike:

Further Potentially relevant Info:  It is an IPad Pro 11-inch , running IOS 13.4.1, that is giving the problem.

Msecure on my new IPAD device is 

- same password

- same ICloud Email (icloud enabled and selected as synch storage)

- same pass word in msecure user settings 

Yet still won't link up to the account with my other 2 apple devices

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late response here. It sounds like you were able to get signed in to your mSecure account on your iPad. Is that correct? Before, I thought you were having problems even getting signed in to the account, but now it sounds like the mSecure app on that device just isn't syncing with mSecure on your iPhone and Mac.

If that is the case, it's likely you are signed in to a different account on your iPad. Real quick, I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices:

For the mobile app (iOS):

1. Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view
  2. Tap Settings at the bottom of menu
  3. Tap Account Settings

For the Mac app:

1. Open mSecure
  2. Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen
  3. Click the "Account" tab

Which email address do you see next to the Username field in each of your mSecure apps?

I have an existing mSecure account running on my Mac and iPhone and want to add another iPhone. I have installed the App on the 2nd iPhone, but cannot find the option in settings to "Use Camera" to scan the QR code? I am syncing everything using WiFi not iCloud. Am I missing something?

I understand that you have an existing account, it's just that I need to make sure I know which account you are signing in to in case there is a problem. You would not believe how many of our customers have more than one account and the confusion that causes. If you could let me know which email address you see in the account settings of each device, that could prove to be very helpful.

Regarding the camera issue, I don't exactly understand what you mean. After signing in to an account, you will be prompted to authenticated as the owner of the account. When that happens, mSecure asks if you would like to use your device's camera to scan the QR code or import a QR code file. The second option is not helpful here, so we won't go into that. However, if you tap the "Use Camera" button in the bottom right, if you haven't given mSecure permission yet, you should see a message asking you to give the app permission to use the camera. What happens when you tap "Use Camera" to authenticate?

I am still having trouble syncing with another iPhone, here is the situation as best as I can describe it.

1. I am running mSecure version 5.7.2 (165) on my Mac (running Catalina).

2. I am successfully syncing to my iPhone XS which is running IOS 13.5.1

3. I am successfully syncing to my iPad which is running IOS 13.5

4. I have installed mSecure version 5.5.5 (733) on my iPhone 4S.

5. I can open mSecure on the iPhone 4S, and it tries to sync with the Mac , but just seems to get stuck, no records are transferred, then it Quits.

Appreciate any help, or is it because it is an old version of mSecure, that is causing the problem?

Hi John,

I believe this is being caused due to the outdated version of mSecure on your 4S, though I would think this wouldn't cause a problem. However, as long as you are able to upgrade to mSecure 5.7.2 on your 4S, that would be the first thing you should do. Can you let me know which version of iOS your 4S is running?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario