Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

mSecure 4.5.4 to mSecure 5.5

I have been using version 4.5.4 only on my old iPhone 6s plus for about 3 years. I am seeing the need to migrate date to my other devices and get rid of the original phone. How can I ensure the security of my old passwords/data? And how do I get these same data onto mSecure v.5? 

I hope someone can answer quickly as I would like to upgrade, but only if I can they can assure me of not losing my data.

Thanks!

1 Persona tiene este problema

I'm having a problem.  I tried msecure 5 in the past, didnt want to upgrade, now I am forced... so I upgraded and the most current 4 data is NOT automatically updating in 5!  It's old data...  How can I  synch the data on my ipad so that the most current data is in the 5 database/cloud?

Hi Jon,

It sounds like you are seeing data in mSecure 5 that was entered some time ago. In order to migrate your up to date information in from the older mSecure app, you'll have to reset your mSecure 5 account first. Here are the instructions on how to reset your account: Account Reset

You'll find the instructions you need near the end of the page under the "How to reset your mSecure account" section. After you're done resetting the account, simply reinstall mSecure 5 and sign in to the account with your username and new password.

IMPORTANT: Do not reinstall the older version of mSecure with the bright blue app icon. If you do that, all of the data stored in the app will be lost.

I have downloaded and paid for  msecure 5 but it does not give me an option to migrate my data. What do I do Now!

Hi David,

In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account needs to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account first, and then sign back in to it on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process. The screen for the import will be displayed after you choose which sync feature you would like to use.

To reset your account, follow the steps in this support article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

I was horrified to see that MSecure 4 no longer works with the current IOS update. I downloaded Msecure5 pro hoping to be able to transfer my data, but since I only used Apple’s biometric login in Msecure4 - I no longer know the password. Is there anything that can be done or have all my years of trusting Msecure gone to waste?

@Paul 

We have been trying to figure out a way to help our customers through this issue you are experiencing, and our developer was able to get a utility version of the old app built, which enables you to retrieve the password you used in mSecure 4. Do keep in mind that it can only help if you were using Touch or Face ID to unlock the app. If not, there is no way to retrieve the password from the old app.

This version will not be available in the App Store, since it's only a utility version of mSecure 4, created for a single purpose. In order to download it, you will need to download the TestFlight app from the App Store if you don't already have it installed on your devices. 

Should you choose to download this utility update, I will need the Apple ID (email address) you use on your iOS devices. Once I have that, I can add you to the TestFlight list of users who will be given access to this version of the app. Once added, you will get an email invite to download the app from the TestFlight app. The new version will download over the top of mSecure 4.5.4, and it can only be used to reveal your password. Since v4.5.4 can no longer be opened, this shouldn't be a problem, but I do want to make sure you understand all that will happen when the new build is downloaded. In particular, the TestFlight version will have no functionality for viewing your data. It can only retrieve your password from iCloud Keychain on your device, and then display it to you.

Once you have the password, you can write it down and enter it when upgrading to mSecure 5.

Let me know if you have any questions about this process. If you're ready to proceed, download the TestFlight app, send me your Apple ID, and I'll add you to the TestFlight list.

Also, some customers don't want their email address printed out here in the forum. If you are opposed to that, let me know, and we'll have to finish this via email support instead.

dterrill1958@gmail.com

Thank you David. I was able to add you to the TestFlight group, so you should be getting an email invite very soon. After you receive it, you can download the utility version from the TestFlight app, then launch it and retrieve your password using Touch or Face ID. After you have the password, you shouldn't have any problems migrating over to mSecure 5.

You will proceed in one of two ways. If you already have an mSecure 5 account:

1) If mSecure 5 is already installed on your iOS device, delete the app

2) Reset your mSecure 5 account using the steps in this support article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

3) Install mSecure from the App Store app 

4) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

5) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set

6) Choose which sync feature you would like to use

7) You will then be asked if you would like to import your information from mSecure 4 on the next screen

Alternatively, if you don't already have an mSecure 5 account:

1) Install mSecure from the App Store app if you haven't already

2) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

3) Tap the option to Sign Up for a new account

4) Choose which sync feature you would like to use

5 )You will then be asked if you would like to import your information from mSecure 4 on the next screen

I downloaded the app from my app store on my iphone 6s. I tried to sign up but it keeps saying that the email address is already in use. I can't get into Itunes without my password. This a real mess.

@Jan What this means is you already have an mSecure 5 account, so you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

Follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, open mSecure 5, and when you get to the screen asking you if you want to Sign In or Sign Up, choose the option to Sign In. Sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

I just followed these instructions and I still get the same message.

@Jan If you reset your account, that means you are still trying to Sign Up for a new account, and the email address is already taken. Instead, tap the Sign In button to sign in to an existing account.

I need to be added to the TestFlight group. How can I send you my Apple ID email privately?

@Todd Go ahead and send me an email at support@msevensoftware.com. Add "Attention Mike: Migrate from v4 to v5" as the subject, then post here to let me know you sent the email. I'll respond as soon as I see it.

Sent.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario