Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

iMac not reading QR code

Just bought my wife a new iMac.  Running Catalina.  When I try to get her version of mSecure to read the QR code using the camera, it says it is an invalid code.  I had the system send me a new one so I'm pretty certain it's a good code.  Thoughts on how to get it set up?

2 personas tienen este problema

Hi Randall,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  Have you given mSecure 5 on your iMac permission to use the camera? If not, please open the System Preferences, navigate to Security & Privacy, and under Privacy, make sure that mSecure 5 has access to our camera and(or) permission to screen record. Without these permissions, mSecure 5 will be unable to read the QR code and will give you an invalid QR code message when trying to authenticate your account. 

So, I've tried it both ways.  I've given it permission to use the camera and I've used it to scan an image on the screen.  Neither work.  I'm sure I have the permissions set correctly.

So, to be sure I'm using the right QR code, I log into mSecure on my laptop and generate a new QR code.  I email that to my wife so I can open it on her iMac.  I then position the code under the scan box from mSecure and that should work?  Alternately, I print it from my computer and use the iMac camera.  Either should work.  Want to make sure I'm giving it the correct QR code.

Any other thoughts on this?  I've sent / used a new QR Code.  Am I doing that part correctly as described above?

Hi Randall,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. The QR code is emailed to the mSecure account email address for each user. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you email that to your wife. Perhaps you are using your wife's email for your mSecure account or you are forwarding the email to her? Either way, each QR code or Account Key corresponds to an individual account. If you are signing in to the correct email address, that should work. You can also always take a screenshot of the QR code image from mSecure 5 on a computer and use that QR code image to authenticate your account on any other device. 

Are you still having issue authenticating your account in mSecure 5?

My wife and I both use mSecure.  I have it on my laptop, ipad, and iPhone.  She has it on her iPhone and now on her iMac.  As I understand the set up, to get it onto her iMac, I do the following:

1.  On my existing laptop, I log into mSecure using my login and generate a QR Code.   

2.  I email that QR Code to my wife where she can open the email on her iMac.

3.  I open mSecure on here iMac, have her login with her mSecure credentials.  mSecure then opens up a window to place over a QR Code.

4.  I open the email containing the QR code I just sent her.  

5.  I place the mSecure QR Code window over the QR code from the email I just opened.  

Is there something I am missing?  

I have it set to be able to screen record, use the camera, etc.  

mSecure responds in that the corners of the QR Window goes red and I get a message saying invalid QR Code.  Must be a step I am missing; any thoughts as to what that is?

Hi Randall,

As I mentioned, the QR code or account key correspondes to individual accounts. You cannot use a QR code for your mSecure account for any one else's account. That will not work. The QR code for your account will only ever work to authenticate your own account. If your wife has her own mSecure account account and credentials, your QR code for your account will not work to authenticate her account. Only her own QR code for her account will work. Perhaps you see the QR code as some sort of license number? If so, this is not correct. The QR code is part of our security system and has nothing to do with a purchase or license. 

Does your wife have access to her mSecure account in mSecure 5 on any device? Can she resend herself her own QR code email? Does she have access to the QR code email for her own account? 

If she has forgotten her Account Key/QR code, you/she can learn how to reset her account and start over here: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064228

In my situation, do I need to purchase two licenses? We are trying to use the same database.

Hi Randall,

It seems like you would, but that has nothing to do with your issue here. Again, the account authentication is part of our security system. Each account key belongs to an individual account. Your account key cannot be used to authenticate someone else's account. This security system is not a license system nor does it have anything to do with a purchase. It is a system for enhanced security for your account. If you are wife is using here very own mSecure account, she has her very own account key and must use her very own account key. Your account key will not work with her account and vice versa. Again, this is a security system and not a licensing system. 

If you are trying to use the same database, please make sure that your wife is signing in to your mSecure account in mSecure 5 on her devices. If she signs in to your account using your account email address and account password, your account key will work to authenticate your account. 

My iPhone camera reads the QR Code on my iPad & takes me to an unrelated site. How can I load the info from my iPad to mSecure app on my iPhone?

Hi Roxanne,

I'm not sure what you mean here. If you are scanning the QR code from either the email that was sent to you when you first signed up for your mSecure account or you are scanning the code being displayed in mSecure's Account Settings on another device, the data in the code shouldn't take you to a website, because there is no URL stored in the data in the code.

First, what code are you scanning on your iPhone? Is it the code in the email you received, or did you reveal the QR code in the Account Settings of mSecure on your iPad? Also, after you scan the code and the website is loaded, what is the URL for the website? If have never heard of this happening before, so I need to get as much information from you as I can to try to figure out what's happening.

Next, I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your iOS devices:

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

Which email address do you see next to the Username field in each of your mSecure apps?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario