Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Allow creation of new records with type "Unassigned" in Android

On my Windows 10 version of mSecure 5, I can enter a new record as type "Unassigned". This is handy, since I occasionally use  the Unassigned type for free form records where my data doesn't match any of the existing types, and usually they one-offs so there's no point in creating a custom type. However, my Android copy of mSecure 5, V5.5.7.1157, does not allow creation of new records with Unassigned as the type. That's a pain in the neck if I don't have my Windows computer handy.

Hi Dave,

The "Unassigned" type is a legacy type for the previous version. It was only used because mSecure 4 and below started with users creating an unassigned record type before being able to select a different type. If you want to use this type, rename the record type in mSecure 5 on Windows and it'll be available to you on Android. You could also just create a different record type with the kinds of fields you need for your "free form" info.

Thanks for the explanation, Eden. Something else to keep track of when (if) I ever get around to actually using V5. At present, I'm using V4 and just playing with V5 because I very strongly prefer the V4 interface. Especially on mobile devices.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario